Fisher-Titus Medical Center serves Huron County and contiguous communities with the latest medical advancements and provides the area’s 70,000 residents with a full continuum of personalized care. FTMC is a diamond in the rough of today’s business and healthcare marketplace. We enjoy continuous growth, $200 million in new construction, strategic planning with successful results, and an outstanding relationship between administration and our young, well-trained medical staff. Physician and employee retention is very high and we are in the midst of an expansion that includes adding several new clinical service lines.
A non-profit acute care community hospital, Fisher-Titus is the nation's “showcase” Smart Hospital--an exciting, all-digital, cutting-edge technology that greatly enhances the efficiency and safety of inpatient care.
Fisher-Titus Medical Center has been one of only 2 percent of hospitals dually accredited by The Joint Commission and HFAP (formerly the AOA), and has been recognized with numerous awards including:
- One of the Nation's Top 100 Best Places to Work in Health Care by “Modern Healthcare” magazine for three consecutive years
- 2009 & 2010 HealthGrades Outstanding Patient Experience Award TM
- 2007 Arbor Award for Exceeding Patient Expectations
- Top 100 national ranking by Home Care Elite
- Commission on Cancer Accreditation with Commendations
- Several HealthGrades 5-Star clinical rankings
- Five-time recipient of Hospitals for Healthy Environment’s H2E Partners for Change Award
- Fully accredited Chest Pain Center, Primary Stroke Center, & Level 3 Trauma Center
- Awarded "Most Wired" designation among United States hospitals for 2012 & 2013
- 2012 & 2013 "A" Hospital Safety Score by the Leapfrog Group
Norwalk, Ohio is located midway between Cleveland and Toledo, in an ideal setting that offers the best of both worlds; close proximity to all the amenities of a large metropolitan area and the low-cost, low-stress environment of a family-oriented Midwestern community. We enjoy a sense of ownership in our future, outstanding public and private schools, a vast array of housing options, and 10 minute commutes to work. Within a short drive you can access:
- Fine dining, shopping, world class cultural offerings, professional sports, large theater districts, & acclaimed museums.
- The boating, fishing, & entertainment amenities of the Lake Erie Islands Region, one of America’s most popular vacation destinations.
- Over a dozen colleges & universities.