An award-winning leader in community healthcare, Metro Health - University of Michigan Health serves more than 250,000 patients annually from across West Michigan - and beyond. The 208-bed general acute care teaching hospital provides a comprehensive suite of inpatient and outpatient healthcare services, including the fastest emergency department in the region, cancer and cardiac care, robotic and traditional surgery, family practice, sports medicine and others. The LEED-certified hospital - one of the first in the nation - sits at the heart of the 170-acre Metro Health - University of Michigan Health Village, a community of support services and retail.
In addition, Metro Health - University of Michigan Health operates neighborhood outpatient centers, offering primary and specialty care plus common outpatient services, an ambulatory surgery center, student health centers at Grand Valley State University and Aquinas College, a growing number of specialty practices and more. Metro Health - University of Michigan Health is committed to promoting health and wellness through the work of its foundation, the Metro Health Farm Market, ongoing classes and education programs.
Among our success and accomplishments this year, we:
- Received recognition for our fast ED wait times – we are among the fastest in the country
- Won four Women’s Choice awards in the areas of patient experience, obstetrics, orthopedics and emergency care
- Achieved full recognition from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for our Diabetes Prevention Recognition Program
- Earned a Mission: Lifeline Receiving Center bronze award from the American Heart Association for exceptional treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks
- Received the top environmental award – an annual award given to only 25 hospitals nationwide – from Practice Greenhealth for the eighth consecutive year
- Were named one of the “50 Greenest Hospitals in America” by Becker’s Healthcare Review
- Earned recognition as one of the nation's top hospitals in the annual HealthCare’s Most Wired™ survey for the seventh time
Visit us online at www.metrohealth.net. Follow us on Twitter @MetroHealthGr and like us on Facebook/MetroHealth.