Floyd Memorial Hospital
How the name became…
In 1947, 16 local leaders detected a need to expand the aging St. Edward’s Hospital. On June 22, 1953, Memorial Hospital of Floyd County was dedicated in memory of Floyd County community members who served during wartime. The name was then changed again in the late 1980’s to Floyd Memorial. The current name, Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services, most accurately reflects the multi-faceted services the hospital provides to our community.
Along with name changes, the hospital has made many physical alterations over the years as well. Floyd Memorial has continuously responded to community needs and national trends by undergoing numerous renovations to provide the latest healthcare services to the Southern Indiana region.
Since its inception in 1953, Floyd Memorial has emerged to be an outstanding regional healthcare provider. Its medical staff is a well-built team of more than 600 physicians, representing a variety of specialties. The hospital currently employs over 2,000 associates.
1850 State Street
New Albany, IN 47150