Rush Health Systems
Rush Health Systems is a comprehensive healthcare delivery system with healthcare facilities in East Mississippi and West Alabama. From the very beginning in 1915, the early Rush caregivers made a commitment to provide complete healthcare services to the community. Compassion for others has always been what drives Rush. And today, we still believe in the “trait of humankind” and “that each man is his brother’s keeper.”
A 215-bed hospital, Rush Foundation Hospital is a community-based acute care medical center that is dedicated to providing quality medical care.
Specialty Services of Rush Foundation Hospital:
- The Family Birth Center is one of the first of its kind in Mississippi. The center features a recently renovated labor and delivery unit with 18 LDR suites where new mothers can experience all phases of the birthing process including labor, delivery and recovery, all in the comfort of a single room.
- Rush is proud to offer a modern, spacious Newborn Intensive Care Unit. This 12-bed unit offers a special quality of care for premature and high-risk infants.
- Housed in a 17,632-square-foot facility, Rush Rehabilitation Services is dedicated to the improved healing of our community. Services offered include Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, Aquatic Therapy and a Reading Clinic.
- The Rush Heart Institute, located in the hospital, provides cardiac healthcare prevention, detection and treatment including cardiovascular and vascular surgery. In instances meeting the appropriate criteria, cardiovascular surgery is conducted using surgical robotics and minimally invasive techniques. The Rush Heart Institute offer non-invasive testing including: treadmills, nuclear medicine, echocardiography, arrhythmia detection and pacemaker evaluation. Interventional cardiology includes balloon angioplasty and stents.
- For area athletes, the Rush Sports Medicine Team provides the community with the very best care in the area of sports medicine and orthopaedics. The team provides athletic physicals, outpatient rehab services and Saturday morning clinics.
- The Pain Treatment Center at Rush Foundation Hospital is staffed by board-certified, fellowship trained physicians. The Rush Pain Treatment Center offers more than forty different treatment modalities designed to increase functional capacity, reduce pain and help patients live more normal productive lives.
- The Rush GI Lab opened more than thirty years ago and was the area’s first Gastrointestinal Laboratory. It is now a regional resource providing a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for digestive disorders including ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease, colon cancer and inflammatory bowel disease such as Crohn’s and ulcerative colitis.
- The Vein Center at Rush is the hospital’s newest specialty center and the region’s only comprehensive vein center for the treatment of medical conditions associated with varicose veins. The Vein Center at Rush offers the most progressive and minimally invasive treatments performed by a board-certified cardiovascular, endovascular and venous surgeon.
The Specialty Hospital of Meridian is a 49-bed acute-care long-term choice for non-permanent placement of a patient who needs extra medical attention in an acute hospital setting. Interdisciplinary treatment programs are designed for patients who are acutely ill with multisystem complications or failures and require long hospitalizations. The Specialty Hospital of Meridian has been providing specialized acute care for medically complex patients since 1994 and strives to deliver superior healthcare to the communities of Mississippi and surrounding states.
Other Rush Health Systems affiliates include five, 25 bed critical access hospitals located in the region: Laird Hospital in Union, MS, H.C. Watkins Memorial Hospital in Quitman, MS, Scott Regional Medical Center in Morton, MS, John C. Stennis Memorial Hospital in DeKalb, MS and Choctaw General Hospital in Butler, AL; Medical Foundation, Inc., a network of providers with primary care and specialty clinics located in East Mississippi and West Alabama; and Rush Medical Group, a multi-specialty physician group located in Meridian, Mississippi provides specialized care for all ages.
All of this makes evident the Rush tradition of dedication to continually growing, developing and offering comprehensive healthcare services to the people of in East Central Mississippi and West Central Alabama with a variety of inpatient, outpatient, and community services.