UVA Department of Medicine
ABOUT THE HEALTH SYSTEM
UVA Health System includes a hospital, level I trauma center, nationally recognized cancer and heart centers and primary and specialty clinics throughout Central Virginia. We rank among the nation’s top hospitals because of our doctors, nurses and caregivers who make every effort to push the envelope of healthcare. Our staff has been recognized for excellence by publications like U.S. News & World Report, Best Doctors in America, America's Top Doctors and more.
To provide excellence, innovation and superlative quality in the care of patients, the training of health professionals, and the creation and sharing of health knowledge within a culture that promotes equity, diversity and inclusiveness.
In all that we do, we work to benefit human health and improve the quality of life. We will be:
- Our local community’s provider of choice for its healthcare needs
- A national leader in quality, patient safety, service and compassionate care
- The leading provider of technologically advanced, ground-breaking care throughout Virginia
- Recognized for translating research discoveries into improvements in clinical care and patient outcomes
- Fostering innovative care delivery and teaching/training models that respond to the evolving health environment
- A leader in training students and faculty in providing healthcare free of disparity