Two important things to note at the outset:
- Important Definitions
- What Information We Collect on the PracticeLink Website and What We Do with It
- Your Rights
- Your Responsibilities
- Children’s Privacy
- Security, Technology, and Amendments to Policies
- How to Contact Us
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and PracticeLink and/or this Website.
- Through phone calls between you and a PracticeLink representative, after you have become a Registered User.
- Through events, seminars, fairs and programs provided by PracticeLink or other third parties that you register for through the Website;
- Through mobile and/or desktop applications or solutions you download and/or access from this Website or the Portals.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Website.
- Through your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any third party website; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Welcome to PracticeLink!
What Information We Collect on the PracticeLink Website and What We Do with It
Information Collected From Non-Registered Users
When you simply browse the PracticeLink Website as a Non-Registered User without registering a Member Profile, Employer Profile, or otherwise interacting with the site for any career related services, PracticeLink may automatically record certain information sent from a Non-Registered User’s browser, including the IP address from which you access our Website. For more information about our collection of Website access information, please see the section below titled “Log Information.”
In addition, online advertising and marketing networks with whom we partner may place anonymous Cookies (or similar technology) on a Non-Registered User’s device to deliver advertising and marketing materials tailored to your preferences or interests based on your online activities. For more information on Cookies, please see the section below titled Online Tracking, Cookies, and Ad Choices.
Members: Creation of a Member Profile and Submitting Personal Information
To use certain Services offered by PracticeLink, you must register and create a PracticeLink Member Profile via our Website and provide us with certain Personal Information and/or Professional Information. The Personal and Professional Information we collect from Members may include: your name, address, phone number, degree, employment history, citizenship, email address, and a password. We may collect additional information about Members from third party sources to assist us in providing the Services.
Employers/RPO Providers/Agencies: Creation of an Employer Profile and Submitting Personal Information
To post an opening in the Job Bank, gain access to the Member Database on PracticeLink and/or utilize other Services offered by PracticeLink, you must represent a healthcare organization and abide by a signed contract that governs the terms of our relationship and your use of the Website (the “Employer Contract” and/or “Agency Contract”). Third-party recruiting Agencies can post openings to the Job Bank, but cannot access the Member Database unless specifically authorized by PracticeLink in their Agency Contract. All Employers and RPO Providers seeking to post opportunities to the Job Bank and/or access the Member Database must register and create a PracticeLink Employer Profile via our Website.
To register and create a PracticeLink Employer Profile, you must provide us with certain Personal and Organization Information. The Personal and Organization Information we collect from Employer, Agencies and RPO Providers may include: your name, title, organization, address, phone number, company information, information regarding the employer you represent, and an email address. We will email you a password after your PracticeLink Employer Profile is approved, at which time you may gain access to the Member Database and other Services provided under your Contract.
Information Not Collected on the PracticeLink Website
PracticeLink does not collect the following information from any users via the PracticeLink Website: your Social Security number; Individual Taxpayer Identification Number; driver’s license number; state-issued identification card number; or financial or credit account numbers, including credit card or debit card numbers.
Information Collected From Registered Users
By creating an Account, you authorize us to and we will disclose the Personal, Professional and Organization Information you submit to us, to Employers, RPO Providers, Agencies or Members (as applicable) with respect to particular job postings and Member and/or Employer Profiles for the purpose of providing you the Services, including alerting you to existing and new job postings and PracticeLink Member Profiles. Members may be required to provide an Employer, RPO Provider or Agency, at such Employer’s, RPO Provider’s or Agency’s request, with additional personal information, including, without, limitation your name, address, date of birth, social security number and any other personal information you provide for purposes of applying for a position. We do not have access to or control over any such personal information provided by you to an Employer, RPO Provider or Agency. The personal information you provide to any such Employer, RPO Provider or Agency will be governed by a separate privacy notice issued by such Employer, RPO Provider or Agency, which should be reviewed by you prior to your disclosure of any personally identifying information.
You understand that we have no control over and assume no responsibility for personal information you submit to an Employer, RPO Provider or Agency, and shall have no liability for any actions or inaction taken by an Employer or Agency in connection therewith.
You acknowledge and agree that PracticeLink is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage to any person arising from the use of any Personal, Professional and/or Organization Information you may provide, or otherwise in connection with any obligations of any such Employer, RPO Provider and/or Agency, whether in connection with its own website or otherwise. You hereby waive any and all claims, and release PracticeLink from any liability for, any losses or damages that may be caused by or related to your use of an Employer, RPO Provider or Agency website, your application, interviews and other interactions with any Employer, RPO Provider and/or Agency, and any unauthorized disclosure of any of your Personal Information by any Employer, RPO Provider and/or Agency.
Online Tracking, Cookies, and Ad Choices
If you are concerned about cookies stored on your computer, we encourage you to follow your web browser’s guidance for deleting cookies after completing a browsing session. Opting out of targeted advertising and marketing will not prevent you from seeing ads entirely, but the ads will no longer be delivered to you via targeting methods. You can also control the receipt of Cookies through your browser’s settings. Please note that some of our services may not function properly if Cookies are disabled.
When you access our Website and/or your PracticeLink Account, our servers automatically record information sent from your browser, which may include your web request, Internet Protocol address, domain names, referring Uniform Resource Locator, browser type, browser language, and operating system; the date and time of your request and access; and Cookies that may uniquely identify your browser (collectively, “Usage Data”). We may combine Usage Data with Personal Information in a manner that enables us to trace Usage Data to an individual user, and may collect, use, preserve and disclose Usage Data in any manner that we may collect, use, preserve and disclose Personal Information as provided herein (whether Usage Data is combined with any Personal Information or otherwise).
Use, Disclosure, and Sharing of Personal Information
Once you have registered for PracticeLink, we may use and/or disclose your Personal Information to perform job search services and for other purposes, including the following:
- Provide you with access to PracticeLink Services;
- Send you job search-related information via email, text message, phone call and direct mail;
- To match you with potential with open job positions
- Contact you to gather more information related to our Services;
- To make improvements, customizations and/or other modifications to the Website and Services
- Invite you to PracticeLink events, including, without limitation job fairs;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Provide updates regarding your Account and Services provided by PracticeLink;
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any Services or other products we offer or provide through it; and
- For any other purpose with your consent, if required under applicable laws.
We may use and/or disclose aggregated, de-identified information about our users, and non-aggregated information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
PracticeLink will not distribute, sell, rent, transfer, or otherwise disclose your Personal Information to any third party, except as follows:
- If you are a Member, we may disclose your information, including Personal Information, to Employers, RPO Providers and Agencies for purposes of providing you the Services;
- If you are an Employer, Agency or RPO Provider, we may disclose your information to Members for purposes of providing the Services, and to Non-Registered Users for purposes of displaying job postings and other employment matching services;
- To other third party owned employment related websites;
- To our subsidiaries and/or affiliates;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of all or any portion of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by PracticeLink about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- To business partners and suppliers as necessary to perform services on behalf of PracticeLink;
- To third-party business partners providing special offers related to your healthcare practice or job search;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be injuring or interfering with PracticeLink’s rights or property, or otherwise harming any other individual by utilizing PracticeLink’s website or services
- When you have consented to such disclosure; and
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
Employer Candidate Data
We also do not exercise control of other websites that may display information about PracticeLink and our Services, or direct how those other websites may collect, distribute, or otherwise use your personal information. Such websites may place their own Cookies or similar files on your computer, collect data, or solicit personal information from you. We do not guarantee the security of any information that you may disclose on other websites, and PracticeLink is not responsible or liable for those websites’ policies, actions, or content.
In order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests, and improve our services, we may collect and retain electronic messages, mail, and other communications that you send to PracticeLink or that you may send to other Registered Users, as well as the information contained therein or associated therewith, including without limitation, read receipts, user opens and click through rates.
Retention of Data
Unless otherwise prohibited by applicable laws, we may retain residual information about you, including in our backup files or database, particularly when such retention is required by law or is pursuant to legitimate business purposes. You agree that we are under no obligation to delete or modify information that you have previously chosen to provide us. Please remember that if we have already disclosed some of your Personal Information to third parties, we cannot access that Personal Information any longer and cannot force the deletion or modification of that information by the parties to whom we have made those disclosures.
Accessing, Controlling, Updating, and Deleting Data
When you use PracticeLink, we work to provide you the ability to access, review, correct, edit, or remove the Personal Information and related content that you have provided to us. You can do this by logging into PracticeLink and accessing your Account. You must identify yourself before we can process any request to access, review, correct, edit, or remove such information. Although most changes will occur immediately, some information may stay stored on your browser’s web cache. We take no responsibility and are not liable for information stored in your cache or on any other electronic devices through which you may access PracticeLink.
Choices for Personal Information
Opt-Out/Changing Your Account
You may unsubscribe or opt out of any of our email lists, electronic newsletters, bulletins, guides or marketing campaigns at any time by following the instructions included in such email or other communication, or by contacting our service team by phone at (800) 776-8383 (select Option 2) or emailing them at helpdesk@PracticeLink.com.
Please note, that Registered Users and other parties who have gained access to the Member Database may have retained a copy of your PracticeLink Member Profile in their own files or databases. We cannot control the retention, use or privacy of such profiles that have been downloaded by third parties. Accordingly, you should not include information in your PracticeLink Member Profile that you do not want made public.
As a user of our Website, you owe certain obligations to PracticeLink and other users, including potential legal obligations. You are also expected to extend to all other users of PracticeLink’s services various common courtesies broadly accepted by the professional community. You must:
- NEVER provide false or fraudulent information when setting up an Employer or Member Profile or posting an opportunity to the Job Bank;
- NEVER set up an Employer or Member Profile or post an opportunity to the Job Bank for illegal or nefarious purposes;
- Respect all intellectual-property rights (e.g., trademarks or copyrights) that may belong to PracticeLink, other users, or third parties;
- Refrain from uploading, posting, or disseminating any personal information that may infringe on the rights of others or be deemed offensive, injurious, discriminatory, prejudiced, or bigoted; and
- Safeguard your username and password by not sharing it with others.
Acceptance of These Terms
PracticeLink is committed to protecting the privacy of children and encourages parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests. PracticeLink is not directed to children or designed to attract them. You must be at least 18 years of age to use our Website and Services. PracticeLink does not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information about users that are under 18 years of age. If we later learn that a user is under 18 years of age, we will remove that user’s personal information from our databases and prevent the user from further using the PracticeLink Website and its Services. If you become aware that a user is under 18 years of age, please notify us immediately at helpdesk@PracticeLink.com. If you are a user who is identified in this manner, we may require you to submit suitable proof of age, such as a copy of government-issued identification, in order to continue using the PracticeLink Website.
Security, Technology, and Amendments to Policies
In accordance with industry standards, we have implemented security safeguards to protect PracticeLink and its users against unauthorized accessing, disclosure, alteration, or destruction of Personal Information. Some of the safeguards may include:
- Requiring passwords in order to access sections of the Website or certain data;
- Employing firewalls to prevent unauthorized Website and data access;
- Encrypting communications between your browser and the PracticeLink Website through HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure);
- Restricting access to Personal Information to certain PracticeLink employees, contactors, agents, and operators; and
- Requiring PracticeLink employees, contactors, agents, and operators to agree to and comply with strict confidentiality agreements, the violation of which include discipline, termination, and criminal prosecution.
While we are always looking to take reasonable steps to improve our security, the Internet can never be completely secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of the information transmitted to PracticeLink. In particular, emails, messages, and other communications between PracticeLink users are not encrypted, and you should never use these communication methods to convey personal information that you wish to keep private. Ultimately, you are responsible for protecting the security of your password and login information.
While PracticeLink employs multiple security measures to maintain data security, data breaches can occasionally happen, even to the most secure of systems. In the event of such a situation, PracticeLink will, in compliance with any applicable federal and state data breach laws, endeavor to timely notify all users whose Personal Information PracticeLink knows or has clear reason to believe was accessed by an unauthorized person.
Your California Privacy Rights.
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. We do not share personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes. (b) California residents who are registered users of the Services and are under the age of 18 are entitled, in accordance with California law, to request and obtain removal of content and information that they themselves post on the Services.
Effective July 19, 2015
Last updated May 5, 2018