Founded as Brockton Hospital in 1896, the Hospital is the oldest and largest inpatient facility in its service area, which is designated as the city of Brockton and twenty-one surrounding municipalities. We strive to be recognized as the "providers of choice" by staff, patients, and the community.
We are a community-based non-profit teaching hospital, providing a full range of clinical services. We maintain a major teaching affiliation with Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and are fully accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. We are a member of the Massachusetts Hospital Association and the American Hospital Association.
The hospital has 245 licensed beds, including a 29-bed hospital-based skilled nursing unit. Operation of this Transitional Care Unit began in 1997. In addition to providing medical/surgical, pediatric and obstetric services, the hospital offers inpatient and outpatient psychiatry, radiation oncology, cardiac catheterization, Level II nursery, and magnetic resonance imaging.