Thank you for using PracticeLink, a career advancement resource for healthcare professionals. PracticeLink provides an online job bank located at www.PracticeLink.com and operated by PracticeLink, Ltd., to assist physicians and other healthcare providers in finding a new position and furthering their careers and to help healthcare employers locate the right physicians to fill open positions. PracticeLink also publishes the quarterly PracticeLink Magazine, a career development publication for physicians, residents, fellows, and other job-seeking healthcare professionals. PracticeLink’s mission is to help healthcare organizations build the physician teams that heal the communities they serve by connecting job-seeking healthcare professionals and providers with the organizations that need their expertise.
Welcome to PracticeLink. Let your search for your dream practice begin!
You or your refer to you, as in the person who is being presented these policies for your consent.
We, us, our, and PracticeLink refer to PracticeLink, Ltd., the owner and operator of the Website, PracticeLink Magazine, and the Job Bank provided by PracticeLink.
Agency or Agencies refers to third-party companies or entities that recruit physicians and other healthcare providers on behalf of another healthcare facility, but that do not directly employ physicians. Agencies that register and create an Employer Profile with PracticeLink can post opportunities to the Job Bank and can view and reply to Candidates who respond to their job postings. Agencies cannot access the Candidate Database unless specifically authorized by PracticeLink in their Employer Contract.
Candidate(s) refer to job-seeking healthcare professionals and providers, including residents and fellows.
Candidate Database refers to the online collection of Candidate Profiles that is maintained on the PracticeLink Website and is searchable by authorized Employers.
Candidate Profile(s) refers to the Personal Information that a Candidate provides to PracticeLink during the optional registration process to maximize your job search.
Cookies refer to small files, containing text or a string of characters, which identify the user of a website and are sent by the website to the user’s device for recordkeeping purposes.
Employer(s) refers to companies or other entities, including hospitals, practice groups, and Agencies, that post opportunities to the Job Bank and may be authorized to access the Candidate Database.
Employer Contract(s) refers to the signed contract that governs the terms of the relationship between an Employer and PracticeLink and the Employer’s use of our Website and Services.
Employer Profile(s) refers to the Personal Information Employers provide to PracticeLink when registering to post openings in the Job Bank and/or access the Candidate Database.
The Job Bank refers to the online collection of job opportunities curated and maintained by PracticeLink on its Website.
Non-Registered User(s) refers to anyone who browses the PracticeLink Website without registering a Candidate Profile or Employer Profile.
Organization Information refers to the type of Employer/recruiter you represent, your company website, and number of openings.
Personal Information refers to the information collected from Candidates and Employers via the PracticeLink Website to create PracticeLink Accounts. This information may include: your name, title, address, phone number, degree, Professional Information, Organization Information, citizenship, and email address. This information does not include: your Social Security number; Individual Taxpayer Identification Number; driver’s license number or state-issued identification card number; or financial or credit account numbers, including credit card or debit card numbers.
PracticeLink Account or Account(s) refers to both Candidate Profiles and Employer Profiles.
The PracticeLink Services refers to the Website, Job Bank, and related job search services.
Professional Information refers to your area of professional practice and specialty.
Registered User(s) refers to someone who browses the PracticeLink Website after having registered a Candidate Profile or Employer Profile.
Use of the PracticeLink Services by Candidates
You are not required to create a Candidate Profile in order to use the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or Services. PracticeLink offers Non-Registered Users the ability to search the Job Bank anonymously and without requiring registration via the Website.
- PracticeLink can store and make available your Personal Information to Employers, Agencies, and other third parties that can assist you in your job search.
- PracticeLink can contact you regarding your Candidate Profile; your experience with our Website, Job Bank, or Services; your job search; or for any reason related to your use of the Website.
- Employers can contact you regarding your job search.
Use of the PracticeLink Services by Employers
- PracticeLink can share and make available your Personal Information to Candidates and other third parties using the PracticeLink Website.
- PracticeLink can contact you regarding your Employer Profile; your experience with our Website and Services; or for any reason related to your use of the Website.
- Candidates and third-party Website users can contact you regarding their job searches.
Responding to Job Postings
Candidates agree that by responding to a job posting in the PracticeLink Job Bank, we are not responsible for the information you provide to the Employer.
Registration and Account Security
As a Candidate or Employer using the Website, you will be asked to provide certain Personal Information when registering with PracticeLink and creating your Account. During this process, you agree to:
- Provide accurate Personal Information;
- Allow your Candidate or Employer Profile to be verified by PracticeLink, as necessary;
- Confirm that you are 18 years of age or older;
- Comply with applicable laws, including those concerning privacy, intellectual property, and regulatory compliance; and
- Use PracticeLink in a respectful manner.
In addition, you are responsible for safeguarding your unique PracticeLink password and will be held responsible for all activity to and from your Account – including unauthorized job postings to the Job Bank and unauthorized responses to job postings. If you discover or believe that your Account has been accessed or used without your authorization, please contact us at helpdesk@PracticeLink.com.
Access to PracticeLink Technology
- Access or attempt to access the Technology by any means other than through the PracticeLink user interface;
- Attempt to circumvent or overcome any protection measures intended to restrict access to any portion of the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or Technology;
- Monitor the availability, performance, or functionality of the Technology;
- Use the Technology unlawfully, or (except with our consent) in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair it;
- Interfere with the operation or hosting of the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or Technology, including but not limited to violating or attempting to violate any security feature, place malware or similar harmful code into the Website, Job Bank, or Technology, or link to websites or other applications that contain malware or similar harmful code;
- Overload, overwhelm, or carry out a denial-of-service attack on, or otherwise prohibit the proper function of, the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or Technology;
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the servers or networks that host the PracticeLink Website, or violate the regulations, policies, or procedures of such networks;
- Introduce software, automated agents, or scripts to the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or Technology so as to produce multiple accounts; generate automated searches, requests, or queries; or access, collect, intercept, strip, scrape, or mine information or data from, or in transit to or from, the PracticeLink Website, including any software that reads areas of RAM or streams of network traffic, unless specifically authorized by PracticeLink;
- Systematically retrieve data or other information from the PracticeLink Website or Job Bank to create or compile a collection, compilation, database, or directory, whether by manual methods, web robots, or otherwise, unless specifically authorized by PracticeLink;
- License, sublicense, sell, rent, convey, pledge as security, lend, loan, lease, transfer, assign, reproduce, or distribute to a third party the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, Technology, or your rights to either, or otherwise encumber the rights and licenses granted hereunder;
- Copy, republish, download, display, post, save, disclose, modify, store, co-brand, alter, or transmit in any form or by any means any part of the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or Technology, or create compilations or derivative works of the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or Technology or any part thereof;
- Dissemble, decompile, reverse-compile, translate, adapt, reverse-engineer, or otherwise attempt to derive any part of the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or Technology or its method of operation;
- Access the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or Technology in order to build similar or competitive websites, platforms, or services; or
- Use, display, mirror, or frame any part of the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or Technology, including archives, layout, design, or proprietary information contained therein or on any related webpage or form without our express written consent.
You are responsible for obtaining access to the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or Services and for having all the equipment necessary to do so, even if that means you incur fees from a third party (such as an Internet Service Provider), including telephone, equipment, airtime, or Internet Service Provider charges.
Intellectual Property and Proprietary Rights
The Technology and the materials and information (including all text, graphics, and images) made available or displayed by us on the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or through our Services, are owned and copyrighted by PracticeLink and our authorized licensors, and are subject to intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws of the United States, European Union, other foreign jurisdictions, and international conventions. The design of the PracticeLink Website, along with PracticeLink-created text, scripts, graphics, interactive features, and the trademarks, service marks, logos, and trade names contained therein, are owned by or licensed to PracticeLink, and are protected by copyright and property rights laws.
Except for the limited licenses that we’ve provided herein, we reserve the right, title, and interest in the PracticeLink Technology, Website and Job Bank, and all implied licenses are disclaimed. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of anything contained on the PracticeLink Website or within the Job Bank unless we have given you express written permission. Other trademarks, service marks, or trade names that may appear on or in the PracticeLink Website are the property of their respective owners.
Use Outside the Borders of the United States
Using our Platform in other locations may not be appropriate given foreign laws and regulations. If you use our Website or Services outside of the United States, you are responsible for complying with those foreign laws and regulations.
Interruption of Our Services
Termination or Deletion of Account
If at any time you determine you no longer require our Services and wish to delete your Account, please contact any member of our team at (800) 776-8383 (select Option 2) or email us at helpdesk@PracticeLink.com. Following deletion of your Account, we may, however, retain your Personal Information and/or contact you for marketing purposes.
No Third-Party Beneficiaries
While PracticeLink employs security measures to maintain data security, data breaches can occasionally happen, even to the most secure of systems. In the event of such a situation, PracticeLink will, in compliance with any applicable federal and state data breach laws, endeavor to timely notify all users whose Personal Information PracticeLink knows or has irrefutable reason to believe was accessed by an unauthorized person.
In all instances, we retain the right to participate, at our own expense, in the defense of any such matters. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you of any such indemnified matter upon becoming aware of it. We may elect to settle any indemnified matter and you will be liable for those damages as if we had proceeded to trial. These provisions survive the cancellation, expiration, suspension, or termination of your access to and use of our Website, Job Bank, or Services.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Limitation on Liability
Under no circumstances shall PracticeLink, its officers, directors, employees, or agents, be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever, under any theory of liability, arising in connection with or out of the use of the Website, Job Bank, or Services, even if PracticeLink has been advised of the possibility of such damages. PracticeLink is not liable to you or to third parties for any damage, harm, injury or claim that arises from your use of any products or services acquired through our site. We are not liable for any failure of the goods or services of PracticeLink or of any third party. We are not responsible in any way for damages caused by third parties who may use our website or Services.
In the event of any problem with the PracticeLink Website or any content therein, you agree that your sole remedy is to cease using the PracticeLink Website. In the event of any problem with the products or services that you have acquired on or through the PracticeLink Website, you agree that your sole remedy, if any, is from the manufacturer of such products or supplier of such services, in accordance with such manufacturer’s or supplier’s warranty. The foregoing limitation of liability shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law in the applicable jurisdiction. To the extent that applicable law restricts this release of liability, you agree that we are only liable to you for the minimum amount of damages that the law restricts our liability to (if such a minimum exists).
You agree that we are not responsible to you for anything that PracticeLink may otherwise be responsible for if it is the result of events beyond our control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, insurrection, riots, terrorism, crime, labor shortages (including lawful and unlawful strikes), embargoes, postal disruption, communication disruption, failure or shortage of infrastructure, or shortage of materials.
Choice of Law
Any and all disputes arising from your use of the PracticeLink Website, Job Bank, or Services (including disputes regarding the interpretation and scope of this clause, or even whether this dispute has to be arbitrated at all) will exclusively be settled through binding and confidential arbitration. Arbitration will be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act instead of state arbitration law. The arbitration will be conducted by a panel consisting of a single commercial arbitrator appointed by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”), and will be governed by the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and, if the arbitrator so decides, the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes.