F.F. Thompson Health System
Our Mission: To continuously improve the health of the residents and communities of the Finger Lakes and the surrounding region.
UR Medicine Thompson Health is widely recognized as a provider of high-quality medical care. We are an award-winning, non-profit healthcare system that began as a small community hospital more than 100 years ago. Today we are the premier healthcare provider for more than 165,000 people in upstate New York’s greater Finger Lakes area. We have more than 450 practitioners, over 1,600 associates and 200 community volunteers, offering a full range of healthcare services.
With locations in Ontario, Monroe, Livingston and Wayne counties, our health system includes:
- The 113-bed, recently renovated and expanded F.F. Thompson Hospital
- Independent senior apartments and enriched living residences at Ferris Hills
at West Lake
- 24-hour skilled nursing care at the M.M. Ewing Continuing Care Center, and a medical adult day care program at The Brighter Day
- Primary care services at ten Thompson medical practices in the Finger Lakes area
- Family health and wellness services, with educational programs and support groups to promote healthy lifestyles
- Cancer care at the Sands Cancer Center, part of UR Medicine's Wilmot Cancer Institute
- A full range of rehabilitative services
- Eight lab draw stations
- Two urgent care centers
Thompson Health was named one of Becker Hospital Review's "150 Top Places To Work in Healthcare" in 2018, 2017, 2016 and 2015. Also, in 2018, the health system was recognized by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation as a “Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.” In recognition of workplace wellness initiatives, Thompson received the Wealth of Health Award from the Rochester Business Journal and Excellus BlueCross BlueShield in 2009, 2011, 2014 and 2017.