Glens Falls Hospital
Glens Falls Hospital is the sole, comprehensive acute care community hospital serving 255,000 people across a 3,000 square mile region of northeastern New York. We are the largest medical facility between the state capital of Albany and Montreal. Our not-for-profit facility combines advanced medical technology with compassionate hometown care.
More than 300 affiliated physicians provide an exceptionally wide range of primary care, specialty and subspecialty services far beyond that of most community hospitals of its size. Our many outstanding services include:
- Emergency Care Center
- 26-bed Critical Care Service
- 46-bed Telemetry Unit
- 32-bed Maternity Unit (LDRP)
- Hospitalist Service (24/7)
- 15 Operating Rooms with Ambulatory Surigcal Suite
- MRI, CT, and PET Imaging (on/off-site)
- PCI Program
- Interventioanl Cardiology and Radiology Services
- Physical Rehabilitation Centers (on/off-site)
- Behavioral Health Services (on/off-site)
- Nationally Accredited Community Cancer Center
- Wound Care Center with 2 Hyperbaric Chambers
- Center for Occupational Health
- Regional Diabetes Center
- Regional Osteoporosis Center
- Regional Health Centers
- Community Health Outreach Services
A $65 million expansion and modernization project 6-story patient care tower that includes state of the art facilities for the Medical/Surgical, Critical Care (CCU, ICU, PCU), Cardiac Catheterization, Interventional Radiology, and Inpatient Oncology units.
About the Community: "Live Like You're On Vacation!"
Nestled in the Adirondacks in upstate New York, Glens Falls Hospital is situated about an hour north of Albany and 3 hours from NYC, Boston or Montreal. Located near Saratoga, Lake George, and the Adirondack mountains, the area serves as a popular vacation destination for year-round sports/recreation. Skiing, boating, hiking and other outdoor activities are all easily accessible.
Glens Falls and neighboring Queensbury and South Glens Falls are among the fastest growing and most desirable places to live and practice medicine in New York. Primary factors in this pattern include a safe and family-friendly community, with affordable housing and excellent schools and cultural opportunities. The area offers the comfort and security of small town living with amenities often found only in larger cities.