Greater Elgin Family Care Center
The GEFCC Way
Greater Elgin Family Care Center is an organization that is passionate about pursuing its mission: “To provide quality, affordable health care for all, including those without the ability to pay.”
Our managers are committed to recruiting the best staff possible. Once recruited, it is essential that our staff members are provided with the tools they need to be successful. GEFCC maintains 7 core values and guiding principles that help it successfully achieve its mission and vision.
- Caring and Respect: we care for our patients with compassion and respect
- Quality: we provide safe, patient-center, evidence-based, efficient, and cost-effective services
- Excellence: we have qualified staff who excel as a result of training, coaching and mentoring
- Diversity: we extend our services to all people and ensure our staff reflects the cultural diversity of those we serve
- Integrity: we ensure staff are responsive, professional and accountable for their performance
- Responsive and Collaborative: we assess community priorities, needs and expectations and work cooperatively with other providers and resources to address those needs
- Advocacy: we advocate for patient rights
Integrated Health Care is an essential part of Greater Elgin Family Care Center’s philosophy of care provision. We provide our patients with a Care Team that delivers comprehensive and integrated health care, because we know many of our patients have multiple health concerns.
What is Integrated Health Care?
Integrated Health Care is the systematic coordination of general and behavioral health care provided by Greater Elgin Family Care Center. Integrating mental health, primary care, and sometimes substance abuse services produces the best outcomes and proves the most effective approach to caring for people with multiple health care needs.
How Does Integrated Health Care Work at GEFCC?
Greater Elgin Family Care Center is certified by The Joint Commission as a Primary Care Medical Home (PCMH). Our status as a PCMH means we can provide our patients with many benefits including care integration for patients with multiple health concerns, expanded access to care, high quality and safe care, and a care relationship that is a partnership between you (the patient) and us (the Care Team). We are dedicated to working with you and your family to ensure that all your needs are met.
How Do You Benefit from Integrated Health Care?
We are responsible for meeting the large majority of our patient’s physical and mental health care needs, including prevention and wellness, acute care, and chronic care. Within Greater Elgin Family Care Center, a team has been built to your needs. Your patient care team may include:
- Physicians, including Psychiatrists
- Advanced Practice Nurses
- Physician Assistants
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers and Professional Counselors
- Dentists and Dental Hygienists
- Care Managers
- Medical Assistants and Dental Assistants
You don’t need to go to different medical practices to receive the variety of high-quality health care services and treatments that you need, as GEFCC can either provide that care directly or coordinate it with you. In addition, we will assist you in connecting with services and care provided by pharmacists, nutritionists, social workers and care coordinators.Illinois