Harbor Health Services, Inc.
Harbor Health Services, Inc. is a nonprofit, public health agency committed to providing quality, comprehensive health care in urban Boston neighborhoods, the South Shore and Cape Cod communities. We provide a wide network of healthcare services to meet the needs of our patients.
Harbor Health owns and operates f community health centers: Daniel Driscoll-Neponset Health Center, Geiger Gibson Community Health Center, Harbor Community Health Center-Plymouth, Harbor Community Health Center-Hyannis. These health centers are Health Center Program grantees under 42 U.S.C. 254b, and a deemed Public Health Service employee under 42 U.S.C. 233(g)-(n). In addition, Harbor Health administers the two Elder Service Plan programs in Boston and Brockton, MA, (a program providing care to frail elders in their place of residence), the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program of Dorchester South, the Ellen Jones Community Dental Center, and the Harbor Community Dental Center in Provincetown.
Combined, Harbor Health’s community health centers are the Medical Home for more than 22,000 patients and the “family dentist” to an additional 13,000 patients. The Elder Service Plan cares for more than 490 members and Women Infant Children Nutrition Program serves more than 3,000 women and their children.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Mission: We help individuals and communities achieve their full potential through access to local, affordable services that promote health.
Vision: Everyone in our communities is empowered to lead a healthy, independent, and fulfilled life.
- Innovation: We are pioneers in community health. We are a learning organization that celebrates efforts to adapt to the changing needs of our communities and health care environment.
- Community: We partner with organizations and individuals in our communities, because improving health means more than providing great health care.
- Responsiveness: We create impact that meets the needs of those we serve and eradicates sources of health inequity in our communities.
- Diversity: We gather strength and insight from the varied cultures and experiences of our communities and colleagues.
- Quality: We set clear, aspirational goals. We promote transparency and accountability in the pursuit of exceptional performance.