Huntsville is situated in the fastest growing major metropolitan area in Alabama, and with the highest per capita income in the southeast, Huntsville is the best place to live, learn and work. We are a community on the move with rich values and traditions while progressing with new ideas, exciting technologies and creative talents. Our community s unique characteristics are a worldwide attraction and will certainly provide a place for you and your family to flourish. With a population of 400K in the metro area, we are a high-tech, family oriented, multi cultural community with excellent schools, dining and entertainment. Huntsville is nestled at the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains with an abundance of activities to do inside or out. Here is what the rest of the country is learning about us:
- Huntsville: #1 BEST CITY by Kiplinger s Personal Finance Magazine
- Madison County named the country s Best Place to Live to Weather the Economy by Forbes.
- Huntsville named one of the Top 50 Best Places to Raise Children in the U.S. by Business Week.
- Named one of America s Hottest Cities by Expansion Magazine
- Career World ranked HuntsvilleAmerica s second most affordable city
- Salary.com ranked Huntsville the second best value in the U.S. for salaries and cost of living
- Huntsville is listed among the top-performing cities for salary growth in the nation, according to Yahoo! Hot Jobs and the U.S. Commerce Department's Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- The City of Huntsville received Standard & Poor s highest possible AAA bond rating for strength of the local economy.