Margaret R. Pardee Memorial Hospital
Pardee Hospital is a not-for-profit community hospital founded in 1953 and managed through a 25-year affiliation agreement by UNC Health Care. It is the first and only hospital in North Carolina to be accredited with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO 9001:2008) for quality health care standards. The hospital is licensed for 222 acute care beds and is the second largest employer in Henderson County. The hospital has several locations separate from the main campus, including a comprehensive physician practice network.
In addition to Pardee Hospital's acute care beds, Pardee offers a range of Health Services to the community. These include a Rehab & Wellness Center, Signature Care Health Education Center and two Urgent Care facilities.
The origins of Pardee Hospital began at Patton Memorial Hospital on Highland Avenue in Hendersonville. Patton Hospital opened in 1913 with a capacity for 26 patients and staffed by five physicians. On November 15, 1953, patients were moved to the newly-constructed Margaret R. Pardee Memorial Hospital from Patton Hospital. The number of physicians on the medical staff grew to 26 physicians and four dentists in order to keep up with the new hospital's 70-bed capacity.
Today, Pardee Hospital is licensed for 222 acute care beds and has 269 physicians and specialists on the medical staff. A total of 175 physicians hold full admitting privileges and 39 medical specialties are represented through our medical staff. Pardee provides health care to all who seek it without regard for their ability to pay for services. With 1,200 employees, Pardee is the second largest employer in Henderson County.
Pardee Hospital is a not-for-profit community hospital. The hospital is owned but not funded by Henderson County. The Pardee Hospital Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) organization that serves as the charitable gift-receiving entity for Henderson County Hospital Corporation (dba Pardee Hospital).