Prairie Cardiovascular Consultants, Ltd.
For more than 40 years, Prairie Cardiovascular has pioneered heart and vascular care in central and southern Illinois. Our cutting-edge technology, world-class providers and high patient volumes position us as leaders in the Midwest and the nation.
Throughout our four decades of compassionate patient care, we have established deep roots in the communities we serve through our commitment to quality outcomes, innovation, and collaboration. As a physician enterprise within a comprehensive, faith-based health care system, we are guided by our core values of respect, care, competence and joy.
Prairie Cardiovascular cardiologists provide specialized heart and vascular care in more community locations than any other cardiology practice in Illinois. Additionally, specialized programs like Stat Heart allow patients to be transported from the community emergency department directly to an interventional cardiac catheterization suite in Springfield, Carbondale or O'Fallon within 90 minutes to ensure patients receive prompt and effective treatment. Prairie is one of the largest cardiology practices in the United States, with a stable patient population and continuously expanding network.
Prairie's commitment to quality begins with physician-centric leadership and permeates all levels of operations and patient care. We focus on enhancing the overall care delivery process, introducing targeted initiatives in areas like quality of care, patient safety and nursing practices. We define healthcare "quality" as consistently achieving optimum health outcomes and patient satisfaction levels, and our numbers support our work. Prairie consistently rates among the highest practices in patient satisfaction across the nation.
There is nothing more sacred than the relationship between the patient and the caregiver. Every decision is driven by what is best for the patient. These activities extend beyond the clinical interaction into issues of patient safety, confidentiality, well-being and disease prevention. Additionally, our cardiologists have a high degree of autonomy in building and shaping their practice.
True innovators know there is no point in doing anything if you're not constantly striving to improve -- to find better, more imaginative and more efficient ways to succeed. Prairie has earned a reputation for innovation, often being the first provider of the newest technology in the state, the country, and even the world. We focus on innovation by:
- Developing symbiotic partnerships
- Participating in multiple research opportunities through Prairie Education and Research Cooperative (PERC)
- Encouraging physician and colleague growth through education
- Growing through new product, process or service development
Collaboration enables us to accomplish a shared vision using joint resources across our networks in Illinois. As a member of Hospital Sisters Health System (HSHS), we have a wide range of collaborative partners throughout Illinois.
- The Prairie Heart Institute of Illinois brings together community hospitals and Prairie Cardiovascular to improve patient care, accessibility and quality.
- The Prairie Stat Heart and Stat Stroke programs collaborates between Prairie Cardiovascular and community hospitals to speed treatment for patients from rural areas experiencing a heart attack or stroke.
- The Prairie Diagnostic Center creates an outpatient facility for heart and vascular diagnostic testing. It is a convenient and highly accessible facility with a patient-centered design.
- The Ornish Lifestyle Program partners with the local FitClub to offer the only cardiac rehab program that has been clinically proven to reverse heart disease and significantly reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels, body mass index and blood pressure.