Rutland Regional Medical Center
Practice Medicine – Live Life – Love Vermont
Vermont is a treasured vacation destination where scenic views abound.
Explore the professional opportunities at Rutland Regional Medical Center, Vermont’s second-largest healthcare facility. Founded more than 120 years ago, Rutland Regional has a long-established tradition of providing quality healthcare to, and participating actively in, our community.
As the biggest community hospital in Vermont and the second largest hospital in the state, Rutland Regional Medical Center has been providing high quality healthcare to the Rutland Region for more than 120 years.
Who We Are: As the needs of our community have grown and changed, so has Rutland Regional, by adding services, staff and making improvements to our facility.
- Our Facility: Today, Rutland Regional Medical Center is a 144-bed hospital
- Our People: Rutland Regional employs over 1,700 professional and support staff including 258 providers trained in 37 specialty areas.
- Our Services: We provide preventive, diagnostic, acute and rehabilitative services
- Our Community: We serve Rutland County, portions of southern and central Vermont and communities in eastern New York State.
- Our Partners: Rutland Regional sits equidistance from two tertiary care centers, both within driving distance or accessible by helicopter in emergencies: University of Vermont Medical Center (Burlington, Vermont) and Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center (Lebanon, New Hampshire)
- Support: The hospital’s medical staff is supported by excellent nurses (Magnet® recognized), high quality diagnostic and ancillary services and a broad array of sophisticated equipment technology, including advanced diagnostic imaging, a top-of-the-line linear accelerator used in the treatment of cancer patients, and a diagnostic Cardiovascular and Angiographic Lab.
We’re Growing and Adapting to Change. At Rutland Regional we manage and adapt to change and growth while continuing our focus on a high standard of personalized, quality medical care, adding key specialties to serve community needs, and focusing on attracting and recruiting highly trained doctors, nurses and staff. Currently we are constructing a new Medical Office Building that will house ENT/Audiology, Orthopaedics and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Services. It is slated to be completed and opened in the summer of 2020.
Our Vision: To be the best community hospital and health system in New England.
As an organization, we commit our hearts and minds to the care of our patients and each other. This is our mantra and put us on the road to continuous improvement where we work collaboratively with the patient, their provider and their family to improve the overall health of the patient. We support a strong culture of patient and employee engagement which has garnered multiple awards from national organizations that measure patient outcomes as well as successful engagement.
Rutland Regional Medical Center, a fully licensed and Joint Commission - accredited, non-profit facility
- Coordinates with learning preceptor programs hosted by the University of Vermont College of Medicine and the Castleton University
- Receives consistently high patient satisfaction scores as surveyed by the nationally recognized Press Ganey Patient Satisfaction Measurement System
- Magnet Nursing facility
For the Entire Family
Rutland Regional Medical Center's location in beautiful historic Rutland County, Vermont, is central to some of the State’s most sought-after recreation and entertainment destinations. An historic performing arts center, Paramount Theater sits downtown in and amongst world-class dining and shopping opportunities. Up on Killington Mountain you will find an abundance of world class skiing, biking and other four-season fun. We are just three hours from Montreal and Boston, and five hours from NYC. Rutland is Vermont’s second largest city and presents as a classic, quintessential New England city. Rutland is located at the base of Killington Ski Resort, the largest ski resort on the east coast, with more 200 trails on six mountains. The area around Rutland is peppered with classic New England towns, quiet roads, exceptional schools and an abundance of recreation. Imagine yourself in the vibrant beauty of our fall foliage, the warmth of ending a day of skiing by a roaring fire, or a lazy summer day on a lake.