Scott & White Health System
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple is a 640-bed hospital located in the heart of Central Texas. The hospital and its local clinics are here to keep our community healthy and well, from caring for colds and flu to providing advanced care for cancer and heart disease, brain and spine surgery, neurology, bone and joint surgery, transplants and numerous other medical and surgical subspecialty services. Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Temple is home to the only Level I Trauma Center (capable of treating the most severe injuries) between Dallas and Austin. We strive to provide exceptional healthcare as if our own loved ones are receiving care here; after all, they often are.
Baylor Scott & White Health exists to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing.
To be the most trusted name in giving and receiving safe, quality, compassionate health care.
Our values define our culture and should guide every conversation, decision and interaction we have with each other and with our patients and their loved ones:
- Integrity: Living up to high ethical standards and showing respect for others
- Servanthood: Serving with an attitude of unselfish concern
- Teamwork: Valuing each other while encouraging individual contribution and accountability
- Excellence: Delivering high quality while striving for continuous improvement
- Innovation: Discovering new concepts and opportunities to advance our mission
- Stewardship: Managing resources entrusted to us in a responsible manner
Members of the Baylor Scott & White family bring hope and smiles to patients and their families every day. We' ve begun a tradition of collecting their stories of hope, healing and caring to share and inspire others to lead lives of service and compassion. We hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
At Baylor Scott & White, we celebrate the diversity of people—their backgrounds, ethnicities, traditions and beliefs. Here, you'll find out how we bring our diversity program to life to the patients, families and communities we serve.
Nationally Recognized Care in the Heart of Texas
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Temple is home to dozens of honors and distinctions, including:
- US News & World Report 2017-2018 rankings:
- among the top 10 hospitals in Texas
- nationally ranked in ENT care
- high performing in GI and GI surgery as well as pulmonology
- high performing in four common procedures or conditions - heart failure, colon cancer surgery, COPD, and knee replacement
- TJC Gold Seal of Approval; accredited programs in hospital, nursing care center and home care; advanced certification in stroke (Primary Stroke Center) and VAD
- Becker's Hospital Review "100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs 2016"
- Healthgrades 2017 Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence; Top Hospitals for 2017 - America's 100 Best Hospitals List
- American Heart Association and American Stroke Association 2017 Get with the Guidlines® – Stroke GOLD PLUS Target: Stroke ELITE Plus
- American Heart Association 2017 Mission: Lifeline® STEMI Receiving Center – GOLD PLUS Achievement Award Hospital and 2017 Mission: Lifeline® NSTEMI – Bronze Achievement Award
- Commission on Cancer (CoC) Accreditation and Standards Team 2016 Outstanding Achievement Award (OAA), third consecutive cycle
- CareChex/Comparion Medical Analytics: 2016 CareChex Quality Award® for being #1 in Texas for Medical Excellence or Patient Safety in one or more clinical categories
- American College of Cardiology: 2017 National Cardiovascular Data Registry (NCDR®) Acute Coronary Treatment and Intervention Outcomes Network (ACTION) Registry – Get with the Guidelines® Silver Performance Achievement Award
- Blue Cross Blue Shield: 2016 Blue Distinction® Centers for Cardiac Care
- American College of Radiology: Breast Imaging Center of Excellence: Breast Ultrasound, Mammography, Stereotactic
2401 South 31st Street
Temple, TX 76508