- Growing, pioneering not-for-profit healthcare system dedicated to improving the health and quality of life for the people of central Pennsylvania since 1873
- Nationally recognized for quality care in cardiac, cancer, bariatric, diabetes and orthopedic services
- 6,100 employees; more than 800 providers
- Wide range of services from primary care to the most complex surgeries
- Healthcare network includes four campuses (Community, Harrisburg, Polyclinic and West Shore)
- Three acute care hospitals (Community General Osteopathic, Harrisburg and West Shore Hospitals) with more than 600 beds
- AAAHC certified PinnacleHealth Medical Group
- PinnacleHealth Cancer Institute
- Co-ownership of the Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute with Penn State Health and the Helen M. Simpson Rehab Hospital with Select Medical
- Medical services, including imaging, outpatient surgery and specialists offered at multiple locations throughout the region
- Teaching hospital with fellowship programs in maternal fetal medicine and sports medicine; Residency programs in general surgery, orthopedic surgery, podiatric surgery, family practice and internal medicine
- 35,000 hospital admissions
- 720,000 outpatient treatments
- 119,000 emergency visits
- 35,800 surgical procedures
- Magnet recognition for nursing excellence
The Harrisburg area, or Capital Region, supports professional sports teams as well as a growing arts community that includes the new Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts, a new Civil War Museum and special cultural events held throughout the year. Downtown Harrisburg is also enjoying a renaissance with many new restaurants and businesses.
There are also many attractions within minutes of Harrisburg, including Pennsylvania Dutch country, Gettysburg’s historic battlefields, the world-famous HERSHEY PARK ® and HERSHEY’s CHOCOLATE WORLD ®.
A 90-minute to two-hour drive opens up unlimited activities, including Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington, D.C.
The Capital Region is an area of economic growth as well. Over 10 Fortune 500 companies are located in the Harrisburg area, providing an ideal mix between national leaders and locally owned favorites.
For outdoor enthusiasts, the area offers excellent hiking, biking, camping, fishing, hunting and boating opportunities.
Many educational opportunities are available, including 10 colleges, universities or post-secondary institutions within an hour’s drive of the Capital Region.Pennsylvania