University of Kansas Hospital
The region's premier academic medical center
As a tertiary/quaternary inpatient hospital, we advance the power of medicine to heal even the most acutely ill patients in this region and beyond. We are unwavering in our goal to be the best healthcare provider in the United States.
A partnership of excellence and collaboration
Here, physicians work with an entire team of professionals to teach, conduct research and care for patients. Through the health system’s strong partnerships with The University of Kansas Physicians and the University of Kansas Medical Center, our physicians have the resources to practice evidence-based medicine at the highest level. As faculty of the medical school, hospital physicians train the next generation of physicians.
- Expert physicians in more than 200 specialties
- Innovative research shaping the standards of care
- Advanced patient care and world-class service
- A vibrant community and rich opportunity
A world-class patient experience
Every member of our staff continually works to ensure the best experience for every patient. As a result, our facility has been nationally recognized for more than a decade. We've been ranked among the nation’s best on the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals lists.
The 2018-19 national rankings for The University of Kansas Hospital:
- Cancer, #42.
- Cancer care made the list for the eighth year in a row. It’s the only program in the region to earn recognition.
- Cardiology & Heart Surgery, #24.
- The program is the highest ranked in Kansas City and the only one in the region to be recognized 12 years in a row.
- Diabetes & Endocrinology, #18.
- It’s the sixth time the program has made the list.
- Gastroenterology & GI Surgery, #42.
- This is the eighth year in a row on the list.
- Geriatrics, #23.
- This is the eighth-time geriatrics has made the list.
- Nephrology (kidney), #39.
- Nephrology has been on the list nine times.
- Neurology & Neurosurgery, #31.
- This specialty was listed for the seventh consecutive year.
- Pulmonology, #41.
- Pulmonology was ranked for the ninth year in a row.
- Urology, #23.
- Urology made the list for the seventh time.
The hospital is also listed as “high performing” in orthopedics, which means we scored in the top 10 percent of all hospitals receiving a score in this specialty. In addition, University HealthSystem Consortium ranked us among the top 10 in quality and safety among the nation’s top academic medical centers.
Advancing the power of medicine™
Physicians on Staff
Annual Inpatient Discharges
Annual Outpatient Visits
Annual Emergency Room Visits
Total Surgical Procedures
Living in Kansas City
Kansas City is a bi-state community that spans the Kansas and Missouri State line and is located in the heart of the USA. It embraces 18 counties and is home to 2.5 million people. Kansas City is a cosmopolitan community with leading technology and innovation.
Our Climate includes sunshine year round. Summers are typically warm with milder temperatures in the night time. Fall days are mild and the nights are cool. Winter is cold with the heaviest Snowfall and cold temperatures in the first months of the year (Jan/Feb).
- Average temperatures are January, 29° F; July, 78° F; annual average temperature is 54.6° F
- Average annual Precipitation is 38.21 inches; 20 inches of snow
Cost of Living rated #61 Best places for Business and Careers by Forbes, Kansas City’s cost of living is 2.5% below the national average. Kansas City’s median home price is $147,900
Arts and Culture, Kansas City's Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, one of the largest museums in the United States and ranked in the top 15. Known as "the mother of swing and the nurturer of bebop," Kansas City is noted for a distinctive jazz musical style. It ranks third in the nation for professional theaters per capita, boasting more than 20 equity and community theater companies.
Sports for the participant, the beautiful and popular Kansas City parks offer an outlet for sports enthusiasts who enjoy fishing, golf, hiking, jogging, swimming, boating, ice skating, or tennis. Swope Park, the second largest city park in the nation, provides two 18-hole golf courses, a swimming pool, and a braille trail. The 250-acre Shawnee Mission Park is one of the best spots for sailing and canoeing. Fishing and sailing are available at nine public access lakes within an hour's drive.
4000 Cambridge Street
Kansas City, MO 66160