Arnot Health is a not-for-profit healthcare provider of quality diagnostic, ambulatory, acute care, rehabilitation and wellness services to residents of the Southern Tier of New York and Northern Tier of Pennsylvania (aka the Twin Tiers). With an extensive network of primary and specialty care offices and 700 licensed beds in 1 tertiary-care and 2 acute-care hospitals, Arnot Health is the preferred healthcare provider in the Twin Tiers.
- Arnot Ogden Medical Center (AOMC) located in Elmira, NY is the tertiary-care medical facility providing Women’s Health Services and Maternity care, Orthopedic care, Cardiovascular care, Cancer care, Emergency Medicine, General & Bariatric Surgery services, Endocrinology services, Pulmonary & Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine services.
- St. Joseph’s Hospital (SJH) also located in Elmira, NY is an acute care hospital specializing in Orthopedic care, Physical Rehabilitation, Gastroenterology, Geriatric Medicine, Behavioral Science (including Child Psychiatry) and Alcohol Rehabilitation. The Health Services Building located adjacent to SJH houses outpatient specialty care and primary care offices including Pediatrics.
- Ira Davenport Memorial Hospital (IDMH) located in Bath, NY is an acute care hospital with an adjacent 120-bed skilled nursing facility.
- Arnot Medical Services (AMS) is a 210+ provider multi-specialty medical group employing primary care, surgical and medical specialty providers with offices conveniently located throughout the Twin Tiers.
Arnot Health serves as a clinical campus for medical students from Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine and offers Residency & Fellowship training programs.
Life in the Finger Lakes
The Southern Finger Lakes & Pennsylvania Grand Canyon area, known locally as the Twin Tiers, offer a truly exceptional lifestyle. Nestled in low rolling hills carved by prehistoric glaciers, the Twin Tiers covers 9,000 square miles of lakes, hills, villages, & vineyards and includes over 650 miles of lakefront property.
Midway between New York City and Niagara Falls, the Twin Tiers is known for picturesque lakes, lush forests, scenic bluffs, & valleys dotted with wineries, orchards, dairy farms, resorts and country inns. Our local communities are rich in history and offer abundant, varied and competitively priced housing in and around the cities and suburbs of Elmira and Corning. Low crime rate, low traffic volumes, short commuting distances, and an easygoing, rural character enable a comfortable lifestyle that urban areas can't match.
The Twin Tiers boasts many educational opportunities for families. Choose from public, private, faith-based and Montessori schools, located in Schuyler, Chemung, Steuben, and Tompkins counties in New York and Bradford and Tioga counties in nearby Pennsylvania. An array of arts and music, athletics and other educational programs are available through local learning and community organizations.
Colleges and universities within convenient distance include Elmira College, Cornell University, Ithaca College, Mansfield University, Hobart and William Smith Colleges, and SUNY Binghamton and Corning.
Fun for All Ages
The Twin Tiers is home to 25 State Parks and boasts a wide range of recreational activities, cultural arts and sporting events.
Adventurers can visit lakes, rivers, and canals to fish, swim, canoe, wind surf, snorkel, water ski, sail, kayak or go white-water rafting. On land they can hike, bike, golf, rock climb, bird watch, hunt, downhill or cross country ski, snowboard, snow mobile and much more.
For sports lovers, the area offers professional and collegiate sports, racing, and golf courses for enthusiast of all skill levels.
- Elmira Enforcers Professional Hockey Team
- First Arena Recreational Rink
- Elmira Pioneers Professional Baseball
- Watkins Glen International Raceway
- Mark Twain Golf Course
- Elmira Country Club
- Willow Creek Golf Course
- The Club at Shepard Hill
- Corning Country Club
Cultural life in the Twin Tiers is rich with museums, historical centers, and a world-class performing arts center.
- Rockwell Museum of Western Art
- Arnot Art Museum
- Corning Museum of Glass
- Center for Mark Twain Studies
- National Soaring Museum
- Chemung Valley History Museum
- Tanglewood Nature Center
- Wings of Eagles Museum
- Clemens Center