Benefis Health System
As a not-for-profit community health system, Benefis is driven to provide the highest level of care. We serve nearly 230,000 residents across a 15-county region that is bigger than Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont combined. Benefis is the largest non-governmental employer in the Great Falls area, with more than 3,000 employees.
Benefis has 530 licensed beds (that includes 146 beds in long-term care, 71 in assisted living and 20 beds at Peace Hospice of Montana) and partners with over 250 area physicians.
Our hospital has been recognized for its exceptional work in quality care by providing a wide range of programs and services to help you live the best life possible. We’re here to help you “Live well.”
Benefis Health System came about when two Christian-based hospitals became one. Our founders believed in providing good care to all in need, and trusted that this would be accomplished. The Benefis name was derived using Latin root words: "Bene-" meaning good, and "fis-" for faith and trust. It’s these same root words that make up such terms as ‘beneficial’ and ‘confidence’.
Benefis has been a trusted provider of care for more than 100 years. And our name speaks to our commitment: good care one can put faith in.
Benefis is consistently ranked among America’s top hospitals by the nation’s leading healthcare ratings organizations for a range of services, including cancer care, joint replacement, stroke treatment, wound care and home health.
Benefis Health System serves an area of 15 counties with approximately 225,000 people. Facts about Benefis Health System:
- Includes the largest hospital in Montana with 355 licensed acute care beds
- Level II Trauma Center
- Mercy Flight air-transport is based out of our state-of-the art Williams-Ario Regional Emergency Department.
- Sletten Cancer Institute houses the CyberKnife
- 12 bed residential Peace Hospice
- Benefis Heart and Vascular Institute
- Benefis Birth Center
- Benefis Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- State-of-the-art operating rooms and equipment with DaVinci Robotics.
- Technology driven radiology service with new and expanded facilities including: a 64-slice CT scanner, MRI, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, Radiology/Tomography Room, Radiology/Fluoroscopy Room and Special Procedures Room.
- Picture Archival Communications System to access and view digitized x-rays, MRI, CT and ultrasound images.