CMU Health is the hub of medical education in Saginaw County. Medical students and residents work within the community to complete their medical education with the Central Michigan University College of Medicine. Each department has highly trained specialists on staff as faculty members. The faculty members oversee all the training for our resident physicians. They also closely monitor the care our residents provide to our patients. Faculty physicians have the final responsibility for patient care.
Many of these medical students and residents work at the clinics within CMU Health. The medical students observe doctor/patient interactions and the residents care for patients, under the supervision of attending faculty members. The residents benefit by having the opportunity to see the same patients throughout their residency building patient rapport and enhancing their medical skills.
The patients benefit by having two doctors review their symptoms and concur on a diagnosis and treatment plan. Residents bring cutting-edge medical knowledge while faculty members have years of trusted experience.
CMU Health physicians offer patient-centered care and teach CMU College of Medicine students and residents in our clinics based in Saginaw and Mount Pleasant. The CMU College of Medicine will prepare physicians focused on improving access to high quality health care in Michigan with an emphasis on rural and medically underserved regions. Our graduates will aspire to excellence in providing patient-centered and evidenced-based care to their patients and their communities. We will engage physicians in leading health care transformation, lifelong learning, and team-based education.
We will facilitate the transformation of health care in Central and Northern Michigan through:
- Delivering innovative programs in medical education.
- Preparing our students to incorporate the College of Medicine's values into their daily lives.
- Promoting inter-professionalism and team-based approaches in progressive health care.
- Creating team-based educational opportunities and programs.
- Creating an environment supportive of lifelong learning for our graduates, faculty, staff, and partners.
- Supporting and serving community educational needs across the continuum of medical education.
•In all that we do, we strive for integrity, respect, empathy, inclusiveness, social responsibility, excellence and innovation.Michigan
1000 Houghton Avenue
Saginaw, MI 48602