Genesis HealthCare System is based in Zanesville, Ohio, 45 minutes east of Columbus, via Interstate-70. Genesis is an integrated health care system that operates a 260-bed acute-care, not-for-profit hospital,, has 2,800 employees, an extensive network of 300 physicians representing most specialties, and multiple outpatient care centers throughout the region. Several partner organizations are also a part of Genesis, including retail pharmacies, a home oxygen and medical equipment company, nursing homes, home health services, a fitness center, and a childcare center. Genesis primary service area is a six-county region of southeastern Ohio, including Muskingum, Morgan, Perry, Coshocton, Noble and Guernsey counties.
Genesis offers a vast range of health care services. Areas of focus are:
- Level III Trauma Services
- Heart services, including open heart surgery and other complex and high-risk cardiac, thoracic and vascular procedures; emergency cardiac services, diagnostic cardiac care; and a cardiac rehabilitation program
- Surgical services including general, trauma, breast, ENT, Urology and D'Vinci robotics
- Neuroscience, including neurosurgery, neurology, sleep medicine, neurodiagnostic testing, pain, and rehabilitation
- Cancer Services; radiation oncology, medical oncology and chemotherapy
- Women’s services, featuring Obstetrics/Gynecology, a Level II neonatal nursery and an affiliation with Spirit of Women, a national organization dedicated to promoting the health of women and their families
- Orthopedic services, including specially equipped operating rooms, a dedicated inpatient unit, an orthopedic rehab program, a skilled nursing facility and sports medicine services
- Other services include medical and surgical care; critical care; behavioral health; emergency and urgent care; rehabilitation; respiratory; occupational health; imaging; hospice care; laboratory; and more. Several services are located at the Genesis HealthPlex, a facility which opened in 2006 designed to enhance outpatient services at Genesis.
Zanesvilleis a beautiful community with a city limits population of 35,000 and a county population of 85,000 people, located approximately 45 minutes east of Columbus on Interstate 70.Our medical community has a primary six county service area of 250,000 and serves as a regional referral area for all of Southeastern Ohio. We have some of the finest museums, zoos and theaters, excellent public and private schools, beautiful homes...and most importantly, quality of life.
To Provide Compassionate Quality Healthcare.Ohio