About Pali Momi Medical Center
Pali Momi Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical center located in ‘Aiea, serving Central and West O‘ahu. With private rooms, 118 beds and more than 500 physicians on its medical staff, Pali Momi offers a full range of services. It has delivered many medical firsts for the community, including West O‘ahu’s only interventional cardiac catheterization unit for the detection and treatment of heart disease and the largest comprehensive center for cancer care. Pali Momi also has a fully integrated minimally invasive surgical suite, CT scan and MRI services, emergency services, a women’s center and the state’s first retina center. Pali Momi was founded in 1989 and is part of Hawai‘i Pacific Health, one of the states largest health care systems. Learn more at PaliMomi.org.
The mission of Pali Momi Medical Center is to create a healthier Hawai‘i.
Pioneering Care for Central and West O‘ahu
• Pali Momi is the only facility in Central and West O‘ahu providing life-saving care through the following:
- Interventional cardiac catheterization unit.
- Primary Stroke Center.
- Level III Trauma Center.
- STEMI Center.
• First comprehensive center for cancer care in Central and West O‘ahu.
• Advanced minimally invasive surgical technology.
• Comprehensive women’s center.
• First hospital in Hawai‘i to use the TandemHeart percutaneous left ventricular assist device to care for a heart failure patient.
In order to continue bringing excellent care to the community, Pali Momi has added new advancements:
• MRI-guided UroNav Fusion Biopsy System for more efficient and precise prostate biopsies.
• Low-dose CT lung cancer screenings.
• Fetal diagnostics and obstetric ultrasound imaging for pregnant women.
• Advanced cardiac electrophysiology screenings.
• Comprehensive cancer center for more accessible care.
• Dedicated infusion therapy services suite.
• Collaborative Hawaii Pacific Health Bone & Joint Center providing adult and pediatric sports medicine, dance medicine, joint replacements, spine surgery, hand surgery and rheumatology in one location.
• 2019 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and Target: Stroke™ Elite Plus Honor Roll Award for excellence in stroke care.
• Pali Momi Medical Center received the Healthgrades 2019 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™.
• Pali Momi Medical Center received 5 stars in Hip Fracture Repair in 2019 by Healthgrades®.
• 2016-2019 Awarded an "A" Hospital Safety Score by the Leapfrog Group (national leader on patient safety).
• Pali Momi Medical Center was rated as High Performing for Colon Cancer Surgery and Heart Failure care by U.S. News & World Report 2019-20 Best Hospitals.
• Recognized Primary Stroke Center by American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.
• Pali Momi Women’s Center is designated as an Accredited Breast Center by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers as well as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology. It is ranked among the top women’s centers in the nation.
• Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence designation from the American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
• Jerry Pupillo, Chair of the Board
• Ray Vara, President & Chief Executive Officer of Hawai‘i Pacific Health
• Martha Smith, Executive Vice President of O‘ahu Operations, Hawai‘i Pacific Health
Chief Executive Officer of Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children, Pali Momi Medical Center and Straub Medical Center
• Gidget Ruscetta, Chief Operating Officer of Pali Momi Medical Center
• Douglas Kwock, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Pali Momi Medical Center
• Andy Lee, MD, Chief of Staff of Pali Momi Medical Center
A Not-for-Profit Organization
Pali Momi Medical Center is part of Hawai‘i Pacific Health, a not-for-profit health care system. It raises funds through the Pali Momi Foundation to provide the people of Central and West O‘ahu with specialty medical care, life-saving services, community outreach and education, and to further local research.