Mendocino Community Health Clinic
25 Years of Service to Our Community
Since 1992, Mendocino Community Health Clinic (MCHC) has provided access to quality health care for the most vulnerable people in our community. Our integrated approach allows us to provide a health home for medical, dental, and behavioral health care. In 2016 our team compassionately engaged in over 155,500 patient visits, distributed throughout the service lines in the following maner: Medical (81,000), Care for Her (21,000), Dental (38,000), and Behvaioral Health (15,500).
Our health centers are located in Ukiah, Willits, and Lakeport. Each community encompasses unique elements and all three offer the relaxed pace and natural beauty of rural Northern California. Lake and Mendocino Counties are ideal for the outdoor enthusiast, with access to water sports in local lakes, and the Pacific Ocean; hiking through redwood forests and park trails; cycling through local roads lined by vineyards, fishing, and more. Many options exist for local schooling, from pubic schools to charter schools to private schools. A local community college offers students many opportunities for an AA degree or certifications and a bridge to four-year universities. Community members are often at the college taking classes in pottery, music, creative writting, directing, pilates, volleyball and more.
Local actors, musicians, jewellery makers, photographers and painters express themselves as part of a vibrant arts community in local theaters and galleries. There are a variety of community events year-round, including music and film festivals, crab and wine events, and mushroom festivals (it's amazing what you can find in the Redwood Forest!). For more information see: https://www.visitmendocino.com
Although the area is rich in natural resources, economic resources are limited, which creates demand for the services of our Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) and provides our team with the meaningful and purposeful work.
Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) like MCHC are perfectly positioned to become the national health care providers of choice. FQHCs have established relationships with the National Health Service Corps. Additionally, we have secure federal funding, offer FTCA malpractice coverage, and provide a coordinated system of care to support physician practices.
MCHC s clinical staff consists of board-certified physicians and experienced mid levels supported by nurses and others. Medical doctors (MDs) and doctors of osteopathy (DOs) work side by side with nurse practitioners, physician assistants, licensed clinical social workers and nurse midwives to provide a team approach to care. Dentists and registered dental assistants also provide care on site. Physician specialties include internists, family practitioners, pediatricians, psychiatrists, OB/GYNs, and more. Additionally, we bring in specialists for dermatology, orthopedics, chiropratic care, AIDS/HIV, and more.
Learn more by reviewing our Organizational Profile.
Mendocino Community Health Clinic provides access to excellent health care for the most vulnerable people in our community. With our integrated service delivery model, the entire clinical team works together to deliver data-driven, quality care; coordinate around-the-clock access for patients, including midwifery call for our obstetrics patients; hospital call and coordination with local hospitalist programs for medical care; and referral to local county crisis lines for behavioral health needs.
Our core operating principals guide our goal setting and decision making.
- We believe health care is a right and a responsibility.
- We deliver primary health care in a supportive, safe and non judgmental manner, stressing patient involvement.
- We ensure that limited funds are used effectively.
- We believe management should create a productive and positive working environment for all staff by modeling effective collaboration and communication at all levels.
- We accept responsibility for ourselves.
- We believe that trust is earned.
- We emphasize professional training and development of all staff.
- We believe that happy people treat each other well, and that fun leads to creativity.
Our goals are simple:
- To help our patients be as healthy as possible
- To maintain an extraordinary work environment for our providers and employees
- To work effectively with community partners in providing local access to health care
How do we create and maintain an extraordinary place to work?
- Commitment to our mission and vision
- Dedication to exceptional clinical results through adherence to best practices
- Career development through continuing education
- Patient-centered care through excellent customer service and a team approach
- Generation of sustainable financial results
333 Laws Ave
Ukiah, CA 95482