Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers
Morris Hospital and Healthcare Centers is known for its compassionate and personalized approach to healthcare. We are the only hospital in Grundy County, but our service area extends to 20 communities and 7 zip codes totaling a population of 170,000+ residents. We're an independent, community hospital that's been in Grundy County and surrounding communities since 1906.
We attribute our outstanding care to a dedicated team of over 200 physicians, along with more than 1,300 employees and 630 service and fundraising volunteers who feel privileged to have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of their neighbors during some of life's most important moments.
Our commitment to improving the health of our community is also evident in the services we provide, many which aren't typically found in a community hospital setting. We are a 89-bed hospital, but we operate as if we're a regional training, 250-bed facility considering the specialties and medical resources we provide to the communities we serve. Some of these services include, but are not limited to, a Level II Trauma Center (ED department has a phenomenal reputation as the same ED physicians have been here since 2000!), Level II Perinatal Care (tertiary center is Loyola), 3 Immediate Care Centers (4th location opening December 2019, 5th opening 2020), Intensive Care, Advanced Imaging Services with all digital mammography, 64-slice CT and 1.5T wide opening MRI, Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehab services, state-of-the-art CATH Lab, Certified Diabetes Education Center, Hospitalist program (successful program since 2008 with the same Medical Director!), free Patient Transportation Service (one-of-a-kind found in the Midwest), Radiation Therapy Center, Surgical Services (including back & plastic surgery) and PT, OT, Speech Language Rehabilitation. Other specialties we offer are Non-Invasive Cardiology, Endocrinology, Rheumatology, Nephrology, ID, ED, ENT, Optometry, OB/GYN, General Surgery, Colon/Rectal Surgery, Allergy/Immunology, Derm, GI, Neurology, Ortho-Spine and Ortho, Pathology, Pain Mgmt, Podiatry, RadOnc, Radiology, Tele-Psychiatry and Urology to name a few.
In addition to these services, we have 26 healthcare locations that serve the surrounding communities near Morris. Our service area goes as far north as Yorkville, south as Dwight, west as Ottawa and east as Channahon/Shorewood.
All together we are a well-established, independent community hospital who's mission is to improve the health of area residents. We attribute our success to our dedicated physicians, associates, and outstanding volunteers while having a mutually, beneficial relationship with the surrounding communities that we serve.
We truly are a ‘HIDDEN GEM’ in the Chicagoland Area!
What can Morris Hospital & Healthcare Centers offer you?
- An extremely competitive compensation summary with the potential to exceed with Productivity & Quality Bonuses.
- Relocation Assistance and Medical Education Loan Repayment, if applicable.
- Very family focused; we are conscious of your home/work life balance.
- Competitive Benefits for you and your family.
- We care about your health and offer an annual Wellness Incentive.
We have won patient care, safety and employment engagement awards and rank among the best in quality healthcare. We are proud of the recognition we have received for excellence in these areas.
- Listed on Becker’s Hospital Review’s “100 Great Community Hospitals” list (2016, 2017, 2018)
- Winner of 13, 5-Star Excellence in Healthcare Awards for scoring in the top 10 percent of Professional Research Consultant’s national client database, based on the percentage of patients who rate overall quality of care as excellent: Inpatient Services, Discharge Information, Family Birthing Suites, Allergy Specialists, Newark Healthcare Center, Minooka Healthcare Center at the Ridge Road Campus, Rheumatology – Morris, Pediatricians – Morris, Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists, Ottawa Campus, and Immediate Care at the Diagnostic & Rehabilitative Center in Morris, the Ridge Road Campus in Channahon, and the Yorkville Campus. (2018).
- Winner of Professional Research Consultant’s Top Performer Award for Nursing Care based on the percentage of physicians who rated Morris Hospital nursing care as excellent (2016, 2017, 2018).
- Named Best Employer in Grundy County through the Morris Herald News’ Reader’s Choice awards (2016, 2017, 2018).
- Winner of Patient Safety Champion award from the Midwest Alliance for Patient Safety – Patient Safety Organization. (2018)
- Studer Group’s Excellence in Patient Care Award for pain management. (2018)
- Named Favorite Hospital through The Times newspaper Reader’s Choice awards (2017).
- Recipient of The Advisory Board Company’s 2017 Workplace of the Year Award, an annual award that recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. (2017)
If Morris Hospital and Healthcare Centers is the type of place that you'd to practice medicine for many years in a growing and beautiful community I'd like to hear from you today.