Peninsula Regional Medical Center
Peninsula Regional Medical Center offers the widest array of specialty and subspecialty services on the Delmarva Peninsula. At 288 acute care beds, 30 transitional care beds and 28 newborn beds, PRMC is the region’s largest, most advanced tertiary care facility, and has been meeting the healthcare needs of Delmarva Peninsula residents since 1897. It is the region’s oldest healthcare institution offering a full range of services, including neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery, joint replacement, emergency/trauma care, wound care and comprehensive cancer care.
PRMC has received over 125 national awards, certifications and recognitions over the past six years for the safety and care the 3,300 physicians, staff and volunteers provide our patients.
Peninsula Regional is proud to be an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins Clinical Research Network, a group of academic and community-based clinical researchers designed to provide new opportunities for research collaborations. New technologies, including robotic and small incision surgery, and advanced disease detection and treatment options continue to define the standard for safer care, faster recoveries and better outcomes.
The City of Salisbury was chartered in 1732. As the main port and regional distribution center, Salisbury quickly became the largest city on the peninsula and is the Commercial and Government center for Maryland's Lower Eastern Shore.
The area is a center of high technology industry, top quality medical care, and world class institutions of higher learning.
The Eastern Shore of Maryland is part of the Delmarva Peninsula, bordered by water and made by portions of Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. It’s that strip of land on your favorite atlas that features the historic Chesapeake Bay to its west and the Atlantic Ocean to its east.
Come and enjoy Maryland’s prime real estate where life is intertwined with the pleasures of the seashore, fishing, boating and wildlife. The area offers:
• Over 60 restaurants and 20 shopping centers.
• Recreation: 58 parks, 34 nature trails, 4 golf courses, 80 tennis courts, 76 ball fields, and 44 basketball courts and a large indoor recreation center in Fruitland, MD.
• We boast the 2nd largest water port in Maryland: 14 boat ramps, 6 marinas and over 400 boat slips.
• The Salisbury Zoological Park is located along the South branch of the Wicomico River and features animals of North and South America.
• Institutions of higher learning include the Salisbury University, Wor-Wic Community College, and the University of Maryland, Eastern Shore Campus.
• Located only 30 miles from the Maryland’s largest resort town, Ocean City.
• 2 hours from Baltimore, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia and 2.5 hours from Norfolk.
• Ocean City-Salisbury airport has several flights daily to Philadelphia and Charlotte
100 East Carroll Street
Salisbury, MD 21801