Get to Know Bellin
At Bellin Health, a proud local history of second-to-none patient care meets a present and future of innovation and growth to provide an exciting, dynamic opportunity for healthcare providers.
For more than a century, Bellin has been locally owned and operated, providing outstanding, affordable healthcare and achieving a level of quality that has allowed us to play a pivotal role in the health and wellbeing of families for generations.
Based in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Bellin Health System is a rapidly growing, innovative network of hospitals, physicians and clinics throughout Northeast Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Bellin serves a market of 640,000 lives and employs more than 400 physicians and advanced practice clinicians who serve as a reliable referral base.
- Bellin Hospital is a 167-bed community hospital that was named to Healthgrades’ 2019 Best Hospitals list, a designation that places it among the top 5 percent in the country.
- Bellin Health has been recognized as one of the Nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, a prestigious annual designation bestowed by IBM Watson Health, 11 times. The heart and vascular team has more than 40 years of experience in all facets of cardiac care, making it the most experience program in the region.
- Bellin Health Oconto Hospital is a critical access hospital 35 minutes north of Green Bay serving as a key access for patients to the quality services provided by Bellin Health System.
- Bellin Psychiatric Center (BPC) provides inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services, addressing a critical need in our communities. BPC is working with the Medical College of Wisconsin-Green Bay (MCW-Green Bay) to address the widespread psychiatrist shortage in the state and nation through a highly regarded psychiatric residency program. Opportunities to teach are available.
- Bellin also collaborates with Medical College of Wisconsin-Green Bay on a variety of other medical education initiatives, working to cultivate the next generation of physician leaders who train local to stay local. Opportunities to teach are available.
- Since summer 2017, the state-of-the art Titletown Sports Medicine & Orthopedics clinic has been serving pro athletes and weekend warriors alike with nationally renowned physicians and the very latest in technology.
- Bellin Health is a national leader in Team-Based Care, creating phenomenal physician satisfaction through a strategic redesign of the office visit and between-visit workflow. The health system’s physicians are supported by a full complement of healthcare colleagues.
- Bellin Health Partners’ Accountable Care Organization (ACO) has a distinguished record of success, including achieving the highest overall quality score and the lowest cost of care per patient among all Next Generation ACOs for 2017, as awarded by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Bellin Health operates under a collaborative physician/administration dyad structure, which means physicians have a strong voice in the organization.
- Bellin Health is the exclusive healthcare provider of the Green Bay Packers.
Most Recent Awards
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked Bellin Hospital as tops in Northeast Wisconsin and tied for #4 statewide, according to its 2020-2021 Best Region Hospitals list.
- Newsweek’s list of World’s Best Hospitals 2021
- Newsweek Magazine’s Best Maternity Hospitals 2020 list, making it one of just two hospitals in Wisconsin to earn the designation.
- 2020 Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality (WCHQ) Top Quality Award – recognized for exceptional quality improvement leadership.
- Moody’s - A2 Bond Rating in 2020.
- S&P Global Ratings - A+ Bond Rating in 2020.
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety - ‘A’ grade in 2020 – ‘Straight A’ status (at least 5 consecutive fall safety grade ‘A’s)
- American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award in 2020. Also received the Association’s Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll award.
Get to Know Greater Green Bay — and Michigan’s U.P.
Located in Northeast Wisconsin, Brown County boasts a growing population, an unemployment rate below state and national averages and rising median home prices year after year. Its biggest city, Green Bay, is one of the most rapidly growing cities in Wisconsin, and yet it retains its beautiful and charming residential and community assets. It’s a wonderful community in which to work and play. Greater Green Bay consists of two cities, nine villages and 13 towns. It’s a growing and evolving community that embraces innovation and honors the tradition of hard-working, friendly and outgoing people.
As Bellin has grown, the health system’s footprint has extended north, through Northeast Wisconsin and into the Upper Peninsula (U.P.) of Michigan. The U.P. consists of 15 counties and is known for beautiful landscapes, plentiful recreation and even a National Park site. Our clinics in Menominee, Daggett, Escanaba and Iron Mountain, Mich. serve the wonderful people of this region with the kind of quality, patient-focused healthcare they’ve come to expect from Bellin.
2019 Green Bay population: 105,693
State of Wisconsin population: 5,813,568
Brown County population: 263,378
Brown County percent change in population 2010-2018: 6.2%
Tourism, Culture, Arts & Entertainment
In 2018, 5.8 million people visited Brown County and generated $43.5 million in local taxes.
There are five large live entertainment venues as well as many other small performance centers. We have seven area wineries and nine area breweries. In addition, the Green Bay area has 15+ museums and historical sites, 7+ area farmers markets, and 25-30 festivals per year.
Brown County offers:
- 17 parks
- Beaches, lakes and waterways
- 192 miles of trails including the Fox River State Recreational Trail (maintained and open year-round)
- Several designated dog parks
- Barkhausen Waterfowl Preserve
- Bay Beach Wildlife Sanctuary
- Brown County Reforestation Camp, with nearly 1,600 acres featuring trails and picnic areas
- Green Bay Botanical Garden
- NEW Zoo & Adventure Park
- 16 golf courses
Cost of Living
The average cost of living in Greater Green Bay is 10% below the national average. The cost of housing, groceries and transportation are on average lower in the Green Bay region than other regions in the Midwest. The Brown County median 2018 home value is $180,400, with $810 per month for rent.
Education is a high priority in Brown County. We have eight public school districts and 34 private schools. We also have 11 post-secondary schools in the area. Our dedication to high quality education is apparent through our average ACT scores (21.2), which is higher than the state average (20.3). Wisconsin consistently ranks in the top two in the nation among states testing 50 percent or more of high school seniors.
- Food produce & processing
- Transportation & logistics
- Information Technology
- Healthcare (Bellin is the largest employer in the Green Bay area)
Source: 2019 Greater Green Bay Fact Book