This vibrant seaside region of cultural diversity includes dining, art galleries, theatres, orchestras, ballets, festivals, live entertainment, living history interpretations and re-enactments, and celebratory parades.
Durbin Park is a 1,600 acre, super-regional, mixed-used development in northern St. Johns County and is the future home of Flagler Health's new health and wellness campus which will include a 75-bed hospital.
Palencia, created by international developer Hines, resembles the community-oriented designs of places like historic St. Augustine and San Marco. Palencia has a full range of world-class amenities which include golf, tennis, three swimming pools, a fitness center, athletic fields, pocket parks as well as a 30-acre park system interconnected by a series of boardwalks and fitness trails. Families enjoy being a part this multi-faceted, unique natural environment.
Palm Coast, incorporated in1999, is situated on 80 miles of saltwater and freshwater canals and the Intracoastal Waterway and just minutes from 19 miles of beaches. Offers a dozen beautiful parks, 125+ miles of connecting trails and paths for walking/bicycling, abundant fishing and boating, a year-round Running Series, and world-class tennis and golf. Bird-watching is popular at St. Joe Walkway and Linear Park, which are designated as Great Florida Birding & Wildlife Trails, and visitors can spot dolphins and seabirds as they stroll along the Intracoastal at Waterfront Park.
St. Augustine's population is 14,280 (2016); St. Johns County population is 254,261 (2018). The U.S. Census Bureau indicates that the population increased 4.2 percent between 2017 and 2018, making St. Johns County the eighth-fastest growing county in the country. St. Johns County ranked Florida’s Healthiest County for the 8th consecutive year. The median income for a household in the county was $50,099, and the median income for a family was $59,153. St. Johns County School District ranked #1 in Florida for 10 consecutive years.
As the oldest continuously occupied city established by Europeans in the continental United States, St. Augustine has a rich history. There are 53 properties and districts listed on the National Register in the county, including 6 National Historic Landmarks. Home of the Florida School for the Deaf and Blind. Flagler College is recognized by US News and World Report as a “Best Value College.” An additional bonus is that Florida does not impose a state income tax.
Flagler Health+ is a total-care enterprise aimed at advancing the physical, social and economic health of Northeast Florida communities. From working with area schools to address youth behavioral health to bringing a new concept in health villages throughout the region, Flagler Health+ is building healthier communities. Flagler Health+ is an extension of Flagler Hospital, which has a 130-year legacy of caring for the community. Our 335-bed acute care not-for-profit hospital with 1900+ dedicated employees which includes 230+ active Medical Staff which serves over 600,000 in a 75-mile radius. Recent Flagler Health+ accolades include
- 2021 Healthgrades® Recognitions (multiple awards)
- America’s 100 Best Hospital Award™ (2019, 02020, 2021)
- America’s 250 Best Hospital Award™ (2014-21)
- Multiple Recognitions for Orthopedics (2020, 2021); Bariatric (2021); Joint Replacement (2019, 2020, 2021); Pulmonary Care (2021); Vascular Surgery (2021); Gastrointestinal Care (2020); General Surgery (2019, 2020) Obstetrics and Gynecology (2018, 2019, 2020); and Labor and Delivery (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Gold Seal of Approval from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Care Centers
- 2018 Most Beautiful Hospitals (Solaint Health) (top 20)
- ANCC Magnet Recognition (2017)
- Get with the Guidelines Stroke Gold Quality Achievement Award (2015)
- National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (2015)
- Commission on Cancer Accredited program
- Healthcare’s Most Wired Hospital (2015)
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation & Quality Improvement Program
- Accredited Sleep Center (AASM)
- Innovation of the Year in Patient Care Award (Florida Hospital Association)