Garnet Health Doctors is part of Garnet Health, a not-for-profit Corporation comprised of the well-established and highly regarded Garnet Health Medical Center in Middletown, NY, Garnet Health Medical Center – Catskills in Harris, NY, as well as Garnet Health Foundation, and Garnet Health Foundation – Catskills.
Garnet Health is approximately 60 miles north of New York City and is dedicated to developing specialty services, medical programs, and needed health care services to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan, and Ulster Counties. Our health system includes more than 4,000 employed professionals and over 850 medical staff members, making Garnet Health one of the largest healthcare providers in the tri-county area. Member hospitals are accredited by DNV-GL. Garnet Health Medical Center is a Magnet hospital, was named a Most Ethical Company by Ethispere in 2018 and 2019, and named America’s Most Beautiful Hospital in 2017.
An academic affiliate of the Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine, Garnet Health retains compassionate professionals who continually strive toward the hospital’s mission to improve the health of our community by providing exceptional health care.
Track Record of Clinical Excellence
- Recognition by Healthgrades® as one of America’s 250 Best Hospitals for the past two years.
- Recognition as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Coronary Intervention ™ for five years in a row.
- The Peter Frommer, M.D. Heart Center gained significant honors by earning the Coronary Intervention Excellence Award ™ for the fifth consecutive year, five-star recognition for Coronary Intervention Procedures for five consecutive years and five-star recognition for Treatment of Heart Attack for four consecutive years.
- The Stroke Center received the Stroke Care Excellence Award ™ for two consecutive years and five stars for Treatment of Stroke for three consecutive years, which puts the Stroke Center among the top 10 percent in the nation for stroke care.
- According to CMS’s Overall Hospital Quality Star Ratings Preview Star Reports for January 2021, Garnet Health Medical Center’s Heart Failure Mortality is 9.4% better than the national average.
In addition to projects to construct a new employee parking garage, expand the Emergency Department by twice its current size, and plans for a neuro-intervention program.
Be a Part of Something Greater. Within Garnet Health, we recognize the impact talented professionals like you have on our patients. Our staff’s dedication, passion, and the extraordinary way they perform their jobs make us a leader among healthcare organizations. Our exceptional team of professionals is our greatest asset. Garnet Health’s three hospital campuses, plus several outpatient facilities, offer a broad spectrum of care, including:
- 616 licensed inpatient beds
- Cardiology services, including emergency and elective angioplasty
- Ambulatory surgery services
- Birthing centers
- Community screenings and support groups
- Comprehensive oncology services
- Diabetes program
- Emergency medicine, including pediatrics Emergency Department
- Hospitalist services
- Inpatient and outpatient mental health and chemical dependency services
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Neurology services
- Orthopedic services, including joint replacements
- Outpatient diagnostic imaging
- Outpatient infusion services
- Palliative care services
- Inpatient and outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Primary and specialty care practices
- Rape intervention and support services
- Skilled nursing units
- Sleep services
- Surgical services
- Trauma services
- Wound Healing Centers
- Urgent Care
In 2011, Garnet Health Medical Center became the first new hospital in New York State in more than 20 years. The 600,000square-foot hospital is situated on 61 acres and features advanced Centers of Excellence, including:
- Peter Frommer, M.D. Heart Center
- Bariatric Center of Excellence
- Bone and Joint Center
- Center for Sleep Medicine
- Rowley Family Birthing Center – with a Level II NICU
- Spagnoli Family Cancer Center
- Behavioral Health Center
- Trauma Center
- Designated Stroke Center of Excellence
In addition, the state-of-the-art hospital also features:
- Cardiac rehabilitation facility
- 3 cardiac catheterization labs
- Electronic health records - EPIC
- 12 surgical suites
- Heated helipad