Schneck Medical Center is an independent community owned not-for-profit hospital that has been serving Jackson County, Indiana and surrounding counties for over 100 years. Schneck has evolved from a 17-bed hospital to 113 beds and one of the most respected health institutions in the region. Schneck is financially very strong and has been so for many, many years. We are known for our one-of-a-kind family oriented, kind, and caring culture. At Schneck, we put patients first and we have been recognized in various ways for our dedication to our Vision- To be a healthcare organization of excellence...every person, every time.
- Schneck is the first organization in Indiana to be honored with the Malcom Baldrige National Quality Award. (2011 Recipient). National Institute of Standards and Technology, United States Department of Commerce.
- Top 100 Great Hospitals - Becker's Hospital Review 2012
- Schneck's CEO, Gary Meyer, was named as one of the nation's Top 100 Leaders of Hospitals by Becker's Hospital Review, 2012.
- Magnet Recognition for Nursing Excellence - American Nurses Credentialing Center, 2006-2014.
- Partner of Change Award (2012) and Partner Recognition Award (2011) for environmental excellence-Practice Greenhealth
- Peak Award for Patient Experience - VHA 2010
- Indiana's "Best Places to Work" - Indiana Chamber of Commerce, 2009-2010
- "Best Places to Work in Healthcare" - Modern Healthcare magazine, 2009
- Recognized nationally as one of Top 25 Hospitals to work for - HealthExecNews, 2012
- Centennial Business Award - Indiana Historical Society, 2011
Department Accreditations and Awards
- Women's Imaging Center designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
- Named an American Society for Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the Surgical Review Corporation for clinical excellence in weight loss procedures
- Designated an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers for meeting the unique and specialized needs of patients who arrive with symptoms of a heart attack.
- Cardiac alert process that results in treatment of heart attack patients within an average of 73 minutes of arrival in the ED - including travel to a cardiac catheterization lab 26 miles away. This exceeds the recommended 120 minutes for facilities without a cath lab and the recommended 90 minutes for facilities with a cath lab.
- Accredited in MRI, Mammography, and Nuclear Medicine for achieving sustained high practice standards,
- World-class quality outcomes in VAPs, pressure ulcers, and central line associated blood stream infections.
- Schneck's Cancer Center has been honored by the American College of Surgeons for Excellence as a recipient of a commendation from the Commission on Cancer and the Outstanding Achievement Award for cancer care.
- Simulation Lab, a custom-designed 2100 square foot training and assessment facility, replicates a multidisciplinary hospital setting providing healthcare professional and trainees a real-world environment in which to learn, practice, and master the latest techniques for patient care.
- Received the Clinical Excellence Award for Pneumonia Care by VHA for achieving sustained clinical excellence as measured by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- 97-bed hospital
- 200+ physicians
- 1,000+ associates
- Services include: trauma and emergency medicine, surgery, cardiac care, women's health, and oncology
- Three outpatient centers bring immediate care, diagnostic imaging, and laboratory services into the community
- 84,000-square-fott outpatient care center
- da Vinci Si Surgical System
- Two high definition, low-radiation emitting CT scanners - 64 and 16 slice
- Digital mammography with CAD (computer-aided detection)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy
- Signa HDx 1.5T MRI
- all-digital radiology suites
- EMR - Meditech
- PACS system
And the Community... Seymour is centrally located in southern Indiana and offers simplicity, safety, and reasonable living cost while keeping you within a short commute to four large cities. Seymour is located 60 miles directly south of Indianapolis and 50 miles north of Louisville, KY right off I-65. In addition, Seymour is also approximately 45 miles east of Bloomington, IN and 75 miles west from Cincinnati, OH. We get to experience all four seasons with our winters being milder than those experienced in the Northern part of the state. Jackson County offers a variety of top notch private schools, including a private high school, and four K-12 public school systems that excel in academics, extra curricular activities, and sports. Seymour is home to a local winery, several lake communities, Southern Indiana Arts Center, and rolling hills that are a sight to behold during our beautiful fall season. Seymour also puts you within an easy commute to great sporting events like the Indianapolis Colts, Cincinnati Bengals, Cincinnati Reds, Indiana Pacers, Indiana Fever, Kentucky Derby, Indianapolis 500, Brickyard 400, Indiana Hoosiers, Louisville Cardinals, Cincinnati Bearcats, and Butler Bulldogs. Last but certainly not least, Schneck is located in a community that will welcome you and give you the ability to build a support system away from your home.Indiana