Located in the extreme southeast corner of Alabama, the city of Dothan offers a multitude of retail, recreational, and cultural opportunities.
Southeast Health, a 420 licensed bed facility, is the first regional medical center in the country to develop an osteopathic medical college.
Southeast Health offers:
- 22 ORs with 2 endovascular suites and open heart surgery suites
- Level 2 trauma center staffed by EM residency trained physicians
- One of two Comprehensive Stroke Centers in Alabama with a dedicated lab for neuroendovascular procedures
- 24/7 Neurosurgery services with 2 employed neurosurgeons and 1 fellowship trained neuroendovascular interventionalist
- 10 bed dedicated Neurocritical Care Unit
- 24/7 Neurohospitalist coverage for general neurology inpatient consults
- Interventional cardiology, EP and radiology labs, lithotripsy, 3 MRIs (1 a 3T), 3 CTs including a fixed 64-slice CT and PET scanner
- 32 ICU beds with dedicated Intensivists
- Robust surgical services including general, vascular, cardiothoracic, urologic, orthopedic, and reconstructive
- 24/7 cardiology services with 2 employed cardiothoracic surgeons
- Region's only health system offering TAVR and Watchman procedures
- 28 bed inpatient psychiatric program and outpatient center with psychiatric hospitalist coverage
- Medical Hospitalist program provides ED unassigned coverage, care for transfers, and inpatient consults
- Clinical Decision Unit managed by Hospitalists holds outpatients and ED patients up to 24 hours for observation and either discharges or admits
- Pain Management and Physiatry services provided through outpatient clinics on Southeast Health campus
- Women’s Imaging Center, Family Birth Center with 27 LDRPs, Level III NICU
- Hematology/Oncology services provided in house with radiation oncology and access to 21 infusion rooms
- Wound Care Center with traditional and advanced treatments including hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Established in 1957 and one of Alabama’s largest not-for-profit tertiary referral centers
- Serves over 600,000 in a 75-mile radius
- 2,800+ dedicated employees and 400+ active Medical Staff
- The third class of 160 students graduated from the Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM) in May 2019.
- The ACGME Internal Medicine Residency Program's third class of residents will begin July 2020.
About Dothan, Alabama:
- Ranked #1 small city for doctors by AdvisorSmith
- Less than 100 miles to Gulf Coast Beaches
- Highland Oaks, a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course, and other public and private golf courses and driving ranges
- Regional airport served by Delta Airlines Recognized as a “Playful City” with 19 parks, 6 public swimming pools, 47 tennis courts including a 20-court complex built to professional standards