Fargo Moorhead is a metropolitan area with a vibrant population of nearly 200,000 and more than 26,000 college students. The Fargo Moorhead community is known for steady growth, a highly-trained workforce, business-friendly environment, outstanding quality of life and reasonable costs of living and doing business.
The Fargo Moorhead population epitomizes the Midwestern values of hard work, honesty, integrity and something we call "Minnesota-North Dakota Nice." This contributes to our incredibly productive workforce, low instances of crime and some of the happiest individuals in the country.
Fargo Moorhead is a diverse, stimulating and family-oriented city with all the amenities that make for a satisfying and fulfilling life. Those with firsthand experience talk about Fargo Moorhead's exceptional K-12 and higher education systems, world-class health care, affordable housing, low cost of living and myriad cultural and entertainment options. They mention stress, crime and traffic jams, too, but only to say there isn't much of that here.
To appreciate all our community has to offer, you really need to see it for yourself.
National Rankings of Life in Fargo Moorhead
- Cass County, N.D. is America's Best Affordable Place, according to Business Week, which took into account cost of living and quality of life factors when ranking U.S. counties.
- #2 Best City for Men 2011, Men's Health Magazine. Men's Health also ranks our region's men as ninth most "financially fit" in the nation.
- #1 secure midsize U.S. city (150,000 500,000 population) in the annual Most Secure U.S. Places to Live rankings, Farmer's Insurance Group of Companies, for the second year in a row.
- The American Lung Association ranked Fargo Moorhead one of America's cleanest cities in its 2010 State of the Air report
- Fargo Moorhead is among the top 50 most bike-friendly cities in the United States, according to Bicycling Magazine
- #3 in Children's Health Magazine's list of 100 Best Places to Raise a Family, September 2009
2101 Elm St
Fargo, ND 58102