A-Mo Health Center
Be a part of the largest tribally owned and operated healthcare system in the United States
Cherokee Nation is a national model for rural healthcare that provides state-of-the art services and facilities through its remarkable financial stewardship. Practice medicine at one of our nine health centers or hospital without the constraints of managed care that has knowledgeable, skilled, and stable staff in a family-friendly environment. Work and live in a community that is rich in culture, natural beauty and filled with hometown support.
Located on ten acres of land near the edge of Salina, sits the A-Mo Health Center. The health center opened in 1996 and presently has nearly 31,000 square feet of space used to see patients. A-Mo was one of the first 14 sites to pilot the Improved Patient Care Collaborative (IPC). The health center sees approximately 97,000 patient visits. The A-Mo Health Center has skilled and knowledgable staff and is a very family friendly environment to work in.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Scope of Services:
- Public Health Nursing
- Pharmacy with mail order
- Community Nutrition
Salina, OK is located in Mayes County, on Lake Hudson with a population of about 1,400. Salina was originally called Grand Saline, and then later was known as the Old Salt Wells before getting its present day name because Cherokee and other residents came to the area to trade for salt. The community is rich in history as a trading post established by a French-creole fur trader; by the 1820’s the trading post was the most influential trading operation in present day Oklahoma. The land was later considered “Indian Territory” and become part of the present day Cherokee Nation. A-Mo is not only the name of the Cherokee Nation Health Center in Salina, but is also translated from Cherokee to mean “The Salt Place.” Choose to live in one of the many area lake communities or in nearby Pryor Ok, home to the largest industrial park in Ok, or commute from Tulsa.
Focus on your patients and we'll take care of you!
- A new Competitive Compensation package!
- Guaranteed Base Salary + Annual Merit to Base Increase + Quarterly RVU Bonus (based on MGMA data with bonus levels starting at the 25th%).
- CME stipend or reimburse with 40 paid hours
- $10,000 Longevity Bonus for every Five Years of consecutive service
- Federal Tort Claims Protection (Federal Malpractice)
- 160 hours of annual leave in the first 3 years
- Great Benefits
- 12 paid annual holidays
- Sick Leave accrued at 4 hours per two-week pay period
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Paid Maternity Leave
- Group Term Life, AD& D, LT, and Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Matching 401 K Retirement Plan Available (100% employer match for first 5% employee contribution and 50% for next 4% contribution)
- Eligible site for IHS Scholarship Pay-Back and IHS Loan Repayment
- NHSC Eligible Site(s) for Loan Repayment
- Eligible site for DEA nad OBNDD fee waivers
- and more
Please submit a current CV to our Director of Recruitment, Stephanie Wickliffe. We look forward to meeting you!