ASPIRUS HEART & LUNG SURGERY
For the 2nd year in a row, Aspirus was recognized by IBM Watson Health as a Top 15 Health System in its annual study identifying the top-performing health systems in the country. We are a system of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics that spans over 25,000 square miles throughout Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Currently, over 585 providers are located throughout the system and have the opportunity to affect approximately 604,000 lives.
The days of routine two-week hospital stays following heart are long gone. The surgeons at Aspirus Heart & Lung Surgery employ the broadest array of technologies and techniques in the region, allowing patients to choose the treatment most likely to get them back on their feet in a hurry.
Aspirus Heart & Vascular was the first program in the region to perform and embrace beating-heart bypass surgery and also are leaders in:
- Valve surgery - including TAVR and mitral valve repair
- Surgical treatment of Atrial fibrillation
- Coronary artery bypass: 95% beating heart procedures
- Minimally invasive techniques
- Aortic Surgery
- Lung resection for tumors
- Surgical treatment for lung infections