For the 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been named by IBM Watson Health as one of the Nation’s Top 15 Health Systems, based on analysis of overall organizational performance and quality. We are a system of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics that spans over 25,000 square miles throughout Central Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Currently, over 500 providers are located throughout the system and have the opportunity to affect approximately 770,000 lives.
Aspirus Cardiology is a large, single specialty cardiology group covering central and northern Wisconsin, as well as the upper peninsula of Michigan. For 30 years the group has consistently provided state-of-the-art, patient focused cardiovascular services for the region.
Over the last 10 years, the Cardiovascular Service Line at Aspirus has received many awards including recently being selected as one of the 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the country by IBM Watson Health, this is the 12th time since 2001 we have received this honor. Other accolades include:
- American College of Cardiology Foundation’s NCDR ACTION Registry – GWTG Platinum Performance Achievement Award
- American Heart Association’s Mission: Lifeline® Gold
- 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Blue Distinction Center for cardiac care by Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Healthgrades America’s 50 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Surgery
- US News & World Report Top 50 Hospital for Cardiology and Heart Surgery
- American Heart Association's Mission-Lifeline® Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
Wausau, Wisconsin is located in the lovely Wisconsin River valley at the center of the state. We have a metro area population of 80,000 with excellent schools, busy performing arts center, large private music conservatory, and visual arts center. Quiet residential neighborhoods surround Lake Wausau and overlook the Wisconsin River or have views of Rib Mountain State Park. A normal commute is ten minutes to any part of town. We enjoy four seasons of recreation including all water sports, sailing, kayaking, mountain biking, hiking, soccer, down-hill and cross-country skiing. We are conveniently located three hours from Milwaukee and Minneapolis.