Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center
Avera Marshall Regional Medical Center is part of the Avera system of care. Avera encompasses more than 300 locations in over 100 communities in a five-state region. The Avera brand represents system strength and local presence, compassionate care and a Christian mission, clinical excellence, technological sophistication, an array of specialty care and industry leadership.
Avera Marshall is a 25-bed hospital, a 76-bed nursing home, a 10-bed inpatient Behavioral Health Center, an emergency care center, outpatient services center and specialty clinics. Staff are dedicated to providing the best in health care with current technology and advanced training. Avera Marshall has a service population area of 75,000.
Services include emergency care, inpatient services, women’s care, orthopedics/sports medicine, podiatry, pediatrics, rehab services, diagnostic services, surgical services, behavioral health, eye care, Avera eICU® CARE, long-term care, adult day care, Curaquick Avera Clinic, sleep studies, respiratory services, wellness services, chemotherapy, hospitalist care and home medical equipment.
- Community of 14,000 people
- 150 miles southwest of Minneapolis and 88 miles northeast of Sioux Falls
- Named one of the "Best Small Towns in America" for the third time by author Norman Crampton
- New YMCA community center
- Three public elementary schools, a middle school, a new high school, and three private schools
- 4-year liberal arts college
- Downtown and mall shopping
- Over 41 dining establishments
- Seven parks
- Aquatic Center
- Full symphony orchestra, a community band, vocal groups, community theater, a 6-screen movie theatre, library, state and county historical societies, and a natural science museum
- Nearby Camden State Park and Garvin County Park offer a variety of year-round recreational and camping activities
- The Marshall Golf Club is a semi-private 18-hole course, with championship tees, fast-sloping greens and tree-lined fairways.