Brookings Community Hospital System
- 61 bed community-owned facility
- 2016 - new medical specialty clinic attached to the hospital
- 2017 - beautiful new Women's Center and OR Suites
- Provides both inpatient and outpatient services
- Adjacent to the hospital is Brookview Manor, an 85 bed skilled nursing home offering home health and hospice services
The Brookings Community
- #1 Place to Live in South Dakota - Niche
- #2 Safest City in South Dakota - National Council for Home Safety and Security
- Top Performing Micropolitan in the Nation - Walton Family Foundation
- Population of 24,000
- Headquarters of several successful companies including Daktronics, Larson Manufacturing, First Bank & Trust, Falcon Plastics, and South Dakota Soybean Processors
- Home to South Dakota State University (Go Jacks!) and Division I Athletics
- K-12 public schools (3,250 enrollment) plus two private elementary schools
Avera Medical Group Brookings is the largest medical group between Sioux Falls, SD and Fargo, ND. The group consists of the specialties of Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Urgent Care, Pediatrics, Orthopedics, Podiatry, OB/GYN, General Surgery, Urology, Dermatology, and ENT. General employment terms are a two-year salary guarantee, production incentive, and a competitive supplemental income and benefit program.
Brookings is located along I-29 one hour north of Sioux Falls (population 200,000). The community has a small-town feel but all the amenities you would find in a larger city. Brookings is a family-friendly, safe, and beautiful community that has an impressive quality of life. Brookings is home to tree-lined streets, many parks, a lively downtown with unique shops and restaurants, and South Dakota State University.
The University has approximately 12,500+ students from all 50 states and 81 countries. Students can choose from 180 different fields of study and become involved in more than 200 student organizations. The University and Brookings have a strong, interconnected relationship creating a vibrant atmosphere.