Avera Medical Group Gettysburg
Avera Gettysburg Hospital
- 4 bed Critical Access Hospital
- New state of the art rural healthcare facility opening in early 2020
- Facility services include ambulatory surgery, outpt therapy, PT, Lab, Radiology, short stay observation, respite care program and swing bed.
- Avera eCARE services include eER, eICU and eConsult
- Connected to a long term facility, Avera Oahe Manor and a dementia care unit, Avera Oahe Haven
The Gettysburg Community
- Population of >1300 people
- City known as “Where the Battle Wasn’t” being a sister city to Gettysburg, PA.
- A sports paradise for hunting and fishing.
- World class hunting for pheasant and big game hunting during select seasons. Area lodges offer guided group hunts with hunts on preservation land.
- 10 miles away from the Missouri River, where fishing for walleye, bass, northern pike, trout and salmon is abundant.
- Additional recreation nearby is an 18-hole golf course and Club house.
- Gettysburg is the County Seat with city offices and a police department.
- Home to Gettysburg War Memorial and the Dakota Sunset Museum.
- Gettysburg School District, K-12 education and extracurricular activities such as band, chorus, oral interp, NHS, drama and Student Council. Sports activities include football, basketball, wrestling, golf, volleyball, cross country and track.
- Checkout our City of Gettysburg’s FaceBook page
- South Dakota has no corporate income tax, no state income tax and no business inventory tax, which is attractive for new businesses and expansions of existing businesses.