The Mitchell Community
- Population of 15,000
- Located 70 Miles west SF on Interstate 90, 250 miles from Black Hills, 300 miles from Minneapolis MN
- Home of Dakota Wesleyan University & Mitchell Technical Institute
- Mitchell, home of Cabela’s, is considered an outdoorsman’s paradise with excellent hunting and fishing with the Missouri River only an hour away.
- Lake Mitchell offers a variety of outdoor activities including boating, jet skiing, fishing, camping and miles of jogging, walking and biking trails.
- Home of World’s only Corn Palace which hosts the Mitchell Kernel and Dakota Wesleyan University Basketball games, and numerous concerts
- 3 public elementary, 1 middle school and 1 high school, Mitchell Christian Pre K -12; John Paul Elementary Pre K- 6th Grade
- Two 18- hole golf courses, Lakeview & Wild Oak
- Numerous housing developments including Lake Mitchell
- Mitchell High School Fine Arts Auditorium, Area Community Theatre, DWU Theatre & Concert Series, & Logan Luxury 5 Theatre
- Economic base is tourism, Agriculture, Toshiba, Innovative Systems, Vantage Point Solutions, CHR, Trail-Eze & Trail King, Universal Packaging, Dakota Pump, Tessier’s, Muth Electric, TG Axial & AKG
- Cute main street boutique shopping
- South Dakota has no corporate income tax and no state income tax
- Learn more at http://mitchellsd.com
Avera Organization Profile