Avera Medical Group - Pierre
Avera St. Mary’s
- 50 bed acute care hospital
- 24 hour Emergency Room coverage by a physician, 4 OR suites, 6 bed ICU, 6 bed Ambulatory Care, Cardiac Rehab, PT, OT, ST Rehab services, educational programs, laboratory, home health and hospice
- Avera St. Mary’s Women's Center features newly remodeled space with 4 postpartum rooms - spacious family suites with a whirlpool tub in each room
- Level III nursery
- 80 bed long term care facility and transitional care unit attached to the hospital
- Established anesthia and hospitalists service
- Market area of 60,000
- Physician will be employed.
- Avera St. Mary's, now a part of the state's largest health care system
- Learn more at www.avera.org/st-marys-pierre
Avera Medical Group Pierre
- Avera Medical Group Pierre is a department of Avera St. Mary's
- South Dakota's only centrally located, multi-practice medical clinic
- Overall clinic includes 53 physicians and providers, 17 specialties and a surgery center
- Access to the Avera Health network of technology, facilities and specialists
- Avera eCARE model provides 24 hour access to specialty care physicians
- Learn more at http://www.averapierre.org
The Pierre Community
- Population of 14,000
- Pierre is considered an outdoor lover’s paradise. Recently named the top location in the US for upland bird hunting, Pierre is home to Lake Oahe and is nestled on the bluffs of the Missouri river. Fishing for walleye, bass, northern pike, trout and salmon is abundant.
- Pierre has a variety of outdoor activities at its doorstep like boating, sailing, diving, miles of walking and biking trails, beaches, hiking and cross country skiing.
- Pierre is South Dakota’s state capital
- Friendly community with many historical sites to visit such as the State Capital building and surrounding monuments, SD Cultural Heritage Center, SD Discovery Center and Aquarium, Oahe Dam, Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail
- 3 public elementary, 2 private elementary, 1 middle school and 1 high school with current enrollment over 2600 students
- The Capital University Center offers degrees from 6 different South Dakota public universities. The CUC provides resources for the school system and state and federal government agencies, including the State Library
- View additional education information at http://www.pierre.k12.sd.us
- Economic base is derived from government, agriculture, medical services, recreational services, education, commercial, retail and professional services
- South Dakota has no corporate income tax, no state income tax and no business inventory tax, which is attractive for new businesses and expansions of existing businesses.
- Learn more at http://www.pierre.org/