North Colorado Family Medicine offers excellent training for residents planning to practice family medicine in any community.
Our mission is:
- To provide quality patient care in a supportive, collaborative environment that celebrates education as a life-long process;
- To prepare family medicine residents for comprehensive practice in any setting.
The objectives of the program are:
- To provide residents with the necessary knowledge and skills to be competent family physicians in settings with limited medical resources.
- To incorporate biological, psychological, social, and economic perspectives into the resident's approach to the well-being of patients, families, and communities.
- To train residents to attend to health and well-being as well as illness.
- To provide a supportive environment in which residents may strive to fulfill their full potential as family physicians and as people.
NCFM is a community-based, unopposed residency program providing residents with unparalleled opportunities to take advantage of its broad scope of training. NCFM is housed in a 25,000 sq. ft. complex complete with EMR and on-site lab and is located just three blocks from North Colorado Medical Center (NCMC), a 350+ physician training hospital.
NCFM is affiliated with NCMC, a 378-bed regional fully accredited medical center, Level II Trauma; Level II Nursery, serving northeastern Colorado, western Nebraska, southeastern Wyoming and western Kansas. NCMC provides the only Burn Center providing care for eight states and air medical transport (North Colorado Med Evac) in northern Colorado. Service area is 350,000. NCMC provides a full complement of sub-specialties including comprehensive cancer care, orthopedic surgery and sports medicine, women's and children's services, rehabilitation and community wellness programs.