Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center (West Valley)
Banner Health and The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center opened the Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center on Sept. 26, 2011 on the campus of Banner Gateway Medical Center in Gilbert, Ariz. The center joins Banner Health, one of the country’s largest nonprofit hospital systems, with MD Anderson, internationally renowned for its cancer treatment and research, to deliver unprecedented levels of cancer care in Arizona. MD Anderson’s mission to “eliminate cancer in Texas, the nation and the world through outstanding programs that integrate patient care, research, education and prevention” complements Banner Health’s mission “to make a difference in people’s lives through excellent patient care.”
Banner MD Anderson Cancer Center has many special features: Convenience, accessibility and healing are the cornerstones of the center. Its design merges the “high tech” world of medicine with the “high touch” needs of cancer patients to provide customized, holistic care. The center’s unique environment incorporates proven evidence-based design theories to enhance healing such as natural light, artwork, water features and views of nature. Patient and family amenities include:
- Expansive lobbies
- Outdoor balconies for infusion therapy
- Larger patient rooms and treatment areas
- Patient and family support
- Retail services.
MD Anderson is one of only 40 comprehensive cancer centers designated by the National Cancer Institute. For seven of the past nine years, MD Anderson has ranked No. 1 in cancer care in "America's Best Hospitals" a survey published annually in U.S. News & World Report. Cancer Focus While the cancer center will provide care for all types of cancers, our primary focuses include: Breast cancer, Lung cancers, Gynecologic cancers, Gastrointestinal cancers, Prostate cancer, Skin cancers, Liquid tumors, such as lymphoma and leukemia. BMDACC continues to build programs, extending its care for patients into the West Valley:
- Banner Thunderbird Medical Center is the 4th largest hospital in the greater Phoenix area providing 513 beds on a 33-acre campus. BTMC is located in Glendale and provides a wide range of medical services including behavioral health, cancer care, robotic surgery, medical imaging, ob/gyn, rehabilitation and pediatrics.
- Banner Estrella Medical Center is located in Phoenix, and has been regionally and nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Reports. Located at the 10 and 101 freeways, BEMC was built in 2005 to meet the growing needs of the West Valley. The 208 all-private bed hospital offers an array of medical services, including ambulatory care, general surgery, medical imaging, orthopedic services and a comprehensive women and infants services program. Banner Estrella also offers and encourages the use of complementary healing treatments, such as pet therapy, spiritual care and meditation.
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center has grown with the booming retirement population and the increasing number of families moving into areas surrounding Sun City West. With its new wing built in 2009, BDWMC now has 404 licensed beds. It excels in providing acute medical and surgical services as well as intensive care, inpatient/outpatient surgery, neurology, cancer care, urology, pulmonary, ob/gyn, diagnostic services, acute and outpatient rehabilitation and adult behavioral services.