Banner University Medical Group- Integrative Health Center- Phoenix AZ
The University of Arizona Integrative Health Center, was designed by the world's leading integrative medicine institution and is led by physicians and practitioners trained at the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine.
Working in in partnership with their practitioners, patients will have a personal physician, a health coach, a nutritionist and can also choose to see an integrative chiropractic physician, an acupuncturist or a mind-body specialist. All these practitioners will work together to provide the best possible care.
The Center has been serving patients at a small consultative practice at the University of Arizona, partnering with patients to facilitate healing by using a wide range of therapies from conventional and complementary traditions. In 2012, the Center opened a primary care clinic in Phoenix, Ariz.: the Arizona Integrative Health Center. The clinic is positioned to give thousands of Arizonans access to world-class integrative primary care unparalleled in the industry, with longer in-depth patient intake appointments, followed by visits with complementary providers, and unlimited classes on health and wellness topics. The clinic will also be the site for an outcomes study, through which statistically relevant data on the effect of IM will be used to open conversations on a national level about insurance reimbursement for integrative health-care services, wellness and prevention.
The Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine…
- Developed the first and most comprehensive academic curriculum in integrative medicine.
- Co-founded the Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine, with Duke University and the University of Massachusetts. The Consortium has 46 member institutions engaged in clinical, educational, and research programs in integrative medicine.
- Created the first Integrative Medicine in Residency program, which is a national model for training of all physicians in integrative medicine.
- Offers the largest Fellowship in the world, having graduated nearly 1000 Fellows in integrative medicine by 2012, with 120 new practitioners accepted to the Fellowship each year thereafter.
- Has trained doctors from 47 U.S. states and 15 countries and territories.
The Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine leads the transformation of healthcare by creating, educating and actively supporting a community that embodies the philosophy and practice of healing-oriented medicine, addressing mind, body and spirit.
Our commitment is to live the values of Integrative Medicine, thus creating a unique model for transforming medicine.