About Paducah, Kentucky
Paducah is considered “a hidden gem” by so many of our practitioners that have relocated from Buffalo, Philadelphia, Nashville & Indianapolis to name a few. It boasts two of the largest man-made lakes in the country- Lake Barkley & Kentucky Lake with excellent boating, fishing, skiing & hiking only twenty minutes away. Paducah ranks 28% below the national average in cost of living expenses. Great educational system from kindergarten to college with some of the highest test scores in the state. Our historic downtown district is quite the attraction with awesome restaurants, arts & culture, broadway series, musicals in a state-of-the-art performing venue in the Carson Center. Great golf courses, tennis & swimming. An airport with two flights to Chicago per day & Paducah is conveniently located an easy two hour drive to Nashville & two & a half hours from St. Louis.
Welcome to Baptist Health Paducah
Baptist Health Paducah is a regional medical and referral center, serving about 400,000 patients a year from a four state area. With more than 1,800 employees and 260 physicians, it is one of the region’s largest employers. Since its humble beginning in 1953 as Western Baptist Hospital, it has grown from 117 beds to 376 beds on a campus covering eight square blocks. It is part of Baptist Health Systems, the largest not-for-profit healthcare organization in the state of Kentucky.
- Building stages of a new 44,000 square foot comprehensive Cancer Center by fall of 2017
- New comprehensive Wound Care Center with hyperbarics completed by Dec. 2015
- New LTAC beginning January 2016
- Expansion of the area’s only Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- New $3.1 million Stereotactic Radiosurgery & Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy
- Certified Stroke Center for 3 consecutive years- Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award
- One of 197 hospitals nationwide, recognized for surgical care & heart attack care
- Region’s first Accredited Chest Pain Center, recently re-accredited for three years
- Accredited cancer program for 15 consecutive years
The mission of Baptist Health is to exemplify our Christian heritage of providing quality healthcare services by enhancing the health of the people and communities we serve.
The vision of Baptist Health is to be nationally recognized as the healthcare leader in western Kentucky.
Baptist Health will live out its Christ-centered mission and achieve its vision with a commitment to excellence through Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Quality, Service, Stewardship and Innovation.
The main campus covers eight square blocks in the heart of Paducah, from 24th to 28th streets and Broadway to Kentucky Avenue. The hospital and adjacent structures, including three medical office buildings with a walk-in primary care clinic, a freestanding digital imaging center, a day care center and the area's only parking garage, occupy about 1 million square feet of space valued at more than $400 million. The hospital also operates a rehabilitation center and several imaging walk-in clinics off-campus.