Baptist Health Richmond is a 105-bed acute care hospital that has served its community for more than 100 years. Residents surrounding counties flock to Baptist Health Richmond for their care, including those in Madison, Estill, Garrard, Rockcastle, Lee and Jackson counties. The hospital joined the Baptist Health family in 2012.
Baptist Health Richmond is currently undergoing a $20 million renovation and expansion, including:
- Tripling the capacity of the Emergency Department
- Renovating the Women’s Care area and bringing two surgical suites for C-sections into service
- Relocating Outpatient Diagnostic services to the more convenient ground floor of Medical Office Building 3.
- Updating the exterior and adding healing spaces
- Upgrading the cafeteria
- Relocating the Clinical Laboratory to the first floor
- Improving public areas including lobbies, restrooms, corridors and Gift Shop
Specialized, comprehensive services offered include:
- Cancer care
- Heart care
- Weight loss
- Women’s health
- Mother & baby care
- Emergency care
- Sleep disorders
- Occupational health
- Surgical services
- Digestive health
Baptist Health is a great place for jobs in central Kentucky, but Richmond is also a wonderful place to live. Richmond is nestled in the middle of central Kentucky on I-75. It lies just south of the Kentucky River and is nestled in the beautiful Bluegrass region of Kentucky.
People move here for many reasons—jobs, friendliness, education and moderate climate all draw people to Richmond, Ky. Local residents enjoy the pleasant pace of life and the opportunity to combine the attractions of the area and Lexington just to the north with the outdoor fun of a vacation area. Richmond enjoys four gentle seasons, each with its own charm. The beauty of living or visiting here is that you easily can spend a day on the lake or in the mountains and be back for a night on the town.