Baptist Medical Center
About Baptist Medical Center:
In 1902, San Antonio was a bustling metropolis with a population of over 53,000 and a growing need for hospital services. A group of physicians and business professionals initiated construction of a 4-story hospital with a mission of healing and teaching. Since its opening, Baptist Medical Center has been committed to providing state-of-the-art medicine grounded in a tradition of excellence and compassionate care. With a total of 623 licensed beds, the hospital provides comprehensive and specialized medical services such as wound healing, geriatric behavioral health services and advanced cardiovascular care.
Home to some of San Antonio’s most highly respected and experienced physicians, the Baptist Health System has proudly served the healthcare needs of our community with a mission of excellence and integrity for over century.
About San Antonio, TX:
As the 7th most populous city in the nation, San Antonio’s rich heritage has been well established over 300 years. San Antonio continues to offer a small town feel with the amenities of a big city. We provide a diverse community of healthcare and medical services, forming a strong foundation for the well-known major medical hub. With a financially strong infrastructure, the city remains a top destination for both new and experienced physicians.
- No state income tax
- Multiple school districts awarded and/or nominated for Excellence in Education
- Remains as one of the most affordable housing markets in Texas
- Popular family friendly activities - Six Flags Fiesta Texas, SeaWorld, The Alamo, The River Walk & Schlitterbahn
- Recreational areas include nature parks, rivers, botanical gardens, hiking trails and scenic drives into the hill country
- Offering more than 50 major events & festivals throughout the year
- Professional sports include: 5 time world champion San Antonio Spurs, SA Rampage hockey, Missions baseball, and SA FC soccer. Also enjoy our annual San Antonio Stock Show and Rodeo