Bon Secours St. Mary's Hospital 1
For more than 40 years, St. Mary s Hospital has served the health care needs of the people of Central Virginia. From our modest beginnings in 1966 with 169 beds and 250 employees, St. Mary s today enjoys the services of more than 1,000 physicians, supported by nearly 3,000 full and part time employees in a state-of-the-art, not-for profit facility, licensed for 391 beds.
Situated in Richmond s West End and regarded as a Richmond tradition, St. Mary s ranks in the top 10% of America s hospitals for emergency care and has received national recognition for its Joint Replacement Center. Specialties include cardiology, gastric bypass, behavioral health, pediatric intensive care, neonatal intensive care, women s services, maternal fetal medicine, general surgery, joint replacement and orthopaedics, sports medicine, pediatric and adult emergency care, oncology, urology, neurosurgery and radiation therapy.
The St. Mary s heritage dates back to 1824 when 12 young women in Paris, France formed the Congregation of Bon Secours and committed themselves to offeringBon Secoursor good help to those in need. While this ministry has evolved over the years, the values at the heart of Bon Secours remain the sameproviding quality health care with an emphasis on respect, quality, justice, compassion, stewardship, integrity, growth and innovation.