Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University
East Carolina University is the 3rd largest public university in North Carolina, with approximately 27,400 students and over 5,000 faculty and staff. The teaching hospital affiliated with ECU Brody School of Medicine is Vidant Medical Center, one of four academic medical centers in North Carolina and the flagship hospital for Vidant Health. Vidant Medical Center is over a 900-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
• Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
• Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
• ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
• Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
• Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
• Division I Conference USA- football, basketball and baseball teams
• Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
• 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
• Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.