CHI Health Good Samaritan
CHI Health Good Samaritan
287-bed referral center and is a member of Catholic Health Initiatives
- 16-bed ICU; and 16 bed neuro/trauma unit; beautiful and roomy suites
- 24/7 Hospitalist program
- Family Birthing Center with a Level II NICU
- Trauma Care - Level II Trauma Center, our own AirCare flight service, and EMS service
- Cardiac Care - accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI. Cardiothoracic surgeon. Vascular surgeon.
- Medical sub-specialties including: gastroenterology, nephrology, neurosurgery, neurology, oncology, pulmonary/cc, orthopadic surgery and more
- Wellness/Fitness Center: Onsite medically-based fitness facility with accredited pulmonary/cardiac rehab program, turttle pool, and group exercise classes
The Physician Network:
- Has grown to 340+ providers - a multi-specialty provider enterprise
- Consists of 50+ primary care and specialty care practice sites located throughout Nebraska
- Began in 1994; is a wholly-owned subsidiary corporation of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), the nation's second largest Catholic health care system; in cooperation with CHI Health which represents our facilities in Nebraska and southeast Iowa
The Physician Network's affiliate hospitals include CHI Health Saint Elizabeth and CHI Health Nebraska Heart Hospital in Lincoln; CHI Health Saint Francis in Grand Island; CHI Health Good Samaritan in Kearney; and CHI Health St. Mary's in Nebraska City.
Nebraska boasts the 2nd lowest unemployment rate in the United States, always lower than 3%. A great place to grow professionally and raise a family. Agricultural industry is largest economic contributor. Excellent educational system, fun tourism excursions, state parks, museums, and business growth. Nebraska residents are known for their hard work ethnic and welcoming spirit. Nebraska is a well-kept secret to living the good life.
Kearney, Nebraska is a growing, progressive community of over 30,000. You will enjoy excellent school systems with both public and private school availability as well as local airport with daily flights to Denver. Home to the University of Nebraska-Kearney, (UNK) offering a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs. Enjoy a safe living environment with little crime, beautiful parks, a mall and a thriving downtown with unique shops. Many recreational events including five golf courses, world class hunting and fishing, USHL hockey, university sporting events, an excellent YMCA parks/rec program, national chain restaurants, museums and arts, and a new convention center. We feature low-cost housing with beautiful, spacious developments in town or in the country. An ideal fit for someone looking for a safe place to raise a family.
Lincoln is state capital of Nebraska. Home to city and state government, big ten University of Nebraska (UNL); and a growing population of nearly 300,000. http://www.lincoln.org/. Named one of the Top 10 Best Downtowns by Livability.com. The revitalized Haymarket/Railyard shines with top rated Pinnacle Bank Arena - where famed singers/performers and Nebraska Husker collegiate basketball is held. Restaurants, unique shopping, indoor ice skating rink, and huge seasonal farmers' market. Outstanding college sports, family friendly neighborhoods, beautiful parks, golf courses and over 400 miles of trails. According to American Planning Association the Lincoln Trails Network is one of the top 10 great public spaces! Excellent schools, both private and public, among many other benefits!
Catholic Health Initiatives
Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), a nonprofit, faith-based health system formed in 1996 through the consolidation of four Catholic health systems, expresses its mission each day by creating and nurturing healthy communities in the hundreds of sites across the nation where it provides care. One of the nation’s largest health systems, Englewood, Colo.-based CHI operates in 19 states and comprises 102 hospitals, including four academic health centers and major teaching hospitals and 30 Critical-Access hospitals; accredited nursing colleges; home-health agencies; and other facilities that span the inpatient and outpatient continuum of care. In fiscal year 2015, CHI provided $981 million in charity care and community benefit -- through programs and services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. The health system, which generated $15.2 billion in total annual operating revenues fiscal year 2015, has total assets of $23.0 billion.
Our Core Values – Reverence, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence